Which one is faster?

Yes, the Phenom would be faster, but perhaps not enough to justify the increase in price.

So which should I go with?
Would I be able to overclock the AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000?
Never done it, but would like to try.

To be honest I would not reccomend OC'ing unless you are cirtain you no what you are doing and you have the money incase you overheat it and damage it.

I really don't see the point in OC'ing as all you get is you CPU clock a bit faster with the risk of breaking it and loosing all that money you paid for.

But if you do decide to OC then make sure you no what you are doing or you know someone who can tell you exactly what to do...

Hope you get a nice CPU though mate!

To be honest I would not reccomend OC'ing unless you are cirtain you no what you are doing and you have the money incase you overheat it and damage it.

I really don't see the point in OC'ing as all you get is you CPU clock a bit faster with the risk of breaking it and loosing all that money you paid for.

But if you do decide to OC then make sure you no what you are doing or you know someone who can tell you exactly what to do...

Hope you get a nice CPU though mate!

5 years ago i'd agree with you.

But with these CPU's.....? Your more likely to damage your chipset and memory.

So overclock if you want to just research and take advice on it.

:)

Phenom is faster. But like the above poster said, not enough to justify the price difference.

get a black edition CPU (unlocked multiplier, G2 stepping) and overclock it.

Back
Top Bottom