Vista

Shantei

In Runtime
First of all, 64bit or 32bit?

Also, what is the difference between Ultimate and Premium Home? What additional features come with it?

Thanks.

64bit is faster than 32bit but no common applications really take advantage of it yet... Go 32bit Home Premium, Ultimate is a waste of money only real difference is Ultimate users get Ultimate Extras and we all know that was an Epic fail.

64bit is faster than 32bit but no common applications really take advantage of it yet... Go 32bit Home Premium, Ultimate is a waste of money only real difference is Ultimate users get Ultimate Extras and we all know that was an Epic fail.

basically sums it all up in a net-shell.
I am running 64-bit home premium, and it runs perfectly fine :), no problems to share yet.

Well I guess with no price difference between the 32bit and 64bit, I'll go with Vista Home Premium 64bit,

64 bit is not "faster" than 32 bit. Vista x64 can simply address much more system memory than Vista 32 bit.

32 bit is capped at 2.75GB - 3.5GB.

64 bit is not "faster" than 32 bit. Vista x64 can simply address much more system memory than Vista 32 bit.

32 bit is capped at 2.75GB - 3.5GB.

Correct, 64bit still holds speed advantages making it faster.

"A 64-bit processor is made with more advanced silicon processes, have more transistors, and faster speeds. This is currently where the true benefit of switching to a 64-bit processor lays."

Or

"In a 32-bit computer, the width (or size) of the data buss is 32-bits wide. A 64-bit buss is twice as wide so the system can move twice as much data around. Being able to process more data means a faster system -- but only for specific things. Normal office productivity and web surfing will show no advantages at all, whereas graphics processing and scientific calculations will go much faster."

Or

"Advantages when you install a 64-bit version of Windows Vista;
Increased memory support beyond that of the 4-GB addressable memory space that is available in a 32-bit operating system.
Increased program performance for programs that are written to take advantage of a 64-bit operating system.
Enhanced security features."

64bit home premuim is the best bang for the buck
crysis running in 64bit mode has a 22% increase in performance or something like that plus if you need more then 3G of ram its help 2

Back
Top Bottom