really small particles when playing a game?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so when i lay certain games, i see like small particles around certain object. For example, when playing prostreet, theres like small blue and white particles around me and my opponents car. Everything was maxed out with AA, I started to see it when i got the 8800GT, but then again, i only played it on XP before i got the 8800GT, and now i play it on vista.
Another example would be crysis, when i play, there are like small white particles around the other guys in those suits (forgot the name of the suit but its the same one you have on), but i dont see any on me, i didnt max out crysis, only med-high settings.
so far its only these two, i think there was some on CoD4 too.
I never tried my 8800GT on XP, and i dont feel like reinstalling it.
This happened before i even OC my 8800GT, and it was only OC for like a maximum of 5 min in 3 times ive done it.
Any idea what causes it?

sounds like your 8800GT is a victim of artifacts. try the latest drivers from nvidia.com, if that doesn't work RMA the card.

I'm assuming you're running at the correct resolution for your monitor?
yep, 1680 x 1050

sounds like your 8800GT is a victim of artifacts. try the latest drivers from nvidia.com, if that doesn't work RMA the card.
maybe, but CoD4 was the same for my old X1950, but prostreet ran normally, and i didnt play crysis when i was on XP.

EDIT - i'll upload some screens soon

Here are some screenshots, its like really small, and its only around certain objects.
Prostreet (its only around Cars)
nfs2008-08-0602-42-43-81.jpg

Crysis - (Its only around helmets, and sometimes body)
Crysis2008-08-0602-45-30-22.jpg

BTW, i am using the 177.79 drivers i got from eVGA, the nvidia main site has the 176.19, but the 177.19 has better performance.

hmmm, i am using XP now, and its still the same...
does the picture i posted still seem like my graphics card is a victim to artifacts?

Back
Top Bottom