New here and need new computer!!

Vista is like really good if you know how to turn off the annoying permission thing that pops up when you do something, and if you got a computer good enough to run it flawlessly (not really flawlessly, there will always be bugs....)

Teny & Superworms: *cough* You're not gurus *cough*

JK! You guys are cool, just one thing Superworms, no need to restate what's been stated.

@OP: Although out of hand, I would like to suggest you use WinXP. I assume this will be a media PC correct? Now, I don't know much about Vista, other than it looks pretty cool, but I think XP would suit your needs. To me, it looks simpler than Vista. With this said, you can get 2GB of RAM, which should be enough, and buy a Q6600 (Quad-core clocked @ 2.4GHz). For the decent graphics card, you could use a 8800GT. It's still pretty high-end and new-egg is having a sale on it =p.
who are you to tell others they aren't gurus? you don't even know how ram latencies work. :confused:

who are you to tell others they aren't gurus? you don't even know how ram latencies work. :confused:

i dont think he mentioned anything about ram latencies, even on the other forum where he asked a question, i was the one that said something about latencies, unless i missed something.

The 780G and 790GX have great encoding and HD playback capabilities, they would be perfect for a media PC.

wow, thats a great deal, comes with an XFX mobo, and a quad core!
i would get it in a heartbeat if i got money for a new build

Back
Top Bottom