Antec 900/Hard Drive Problem

VazCeNt

Solid State Member
I was just about finishing up on my first build when I encountered a problem trying to install my hard drive on my Antec 900 case. I pulled out the lower driver cage, slid my hard drive in, and then attempted to put in the 'long screws' that the manual tells you to use. Unfortunately, these screws don't seem to fit in my old IDE hard drive. I bought it in late 2005, and my motherboard supports it. My only problem is the screw size, it is just barely too large for the hard drive. Advice is much appreciated.

hmm, shouldnt a case come with screws?
My first case gave me a bag of screws (for HDD, Drives, Spacers)
and my second case gave a bag of spacers, and a bunch of screws (for hdd and drive) screwed on the side just in case i needed a screw (kind of handy)

hmm, shouldnt a case come with screws?
My first case gave me a bag of screws (for HDD, Drives, Spacers)
and my second case gave a bag of spacers, and a bunch of screws (for hdd and drive) screwed on the side just in case i needed a screw (kind of handy)

I was just about finishing up on my first build when I encountered a problem trying to install my hard drive on my Antec 900 case. I pulled out the lower driver cage, slid my hard drive in, and then attempted to put in the 'long screws' that the manual tells you to use. Unfortunately, these screws don't seem to fit in my old IDE hard drive. I bought it in late 2005, and my motherboard supports it. My only problem is the screw size, it is just barely too large for the hard drive. Advice is much appreciated.

^

Back
Top Bottom