Clock interrupt BSOD Problem HELP!

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
I have been getting these recently and quite often on my rig:

ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition
2Gb's of DDR2 800 Ram @ 860Mhz
AMD Athlon X2 5600+ @ 3Ghz
Seagate 250GB HDD (Close to full, 10GB left on C, 21GB on B)
XION 600W PSU
AMD HD 4870
(Fan speed of the GPU is 65%, Overclocked to max CCC rates, NO Over heating problems)

The Problem comes up when I play AoC. Ever since I got back from Vacation I enabled the L2 Cache and Enabled LargeSystemCacheing. I disabled those last night and it worked till 4:30 in the morning.

I get up today and I get the same BSOD.
"A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in a given time interval."

I started updating my drivers.
Sound Driver Updated
South Bridge Updated
Video Card Updated

I'm going to test it right now, if I still get this problem what the hell could fix it.
I also found this in the AoC forum, would this fix it or not?
http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=73190

Thanks
Need WoW Now (I think I should change it to AoC something)

I get the same error, I've tried reinstalling vista, updated all my drivers, did a mem test, took RAM out, switched RAM, everything I have been told to do I have tried. I still get BSOD, but only when playing video games...to include AoC, WoW, LotRO, SWG (yes I still play haha), Hellgate London, EQ2.

Guess its a preatty big problem with AMD CPU's and MMOs.

And SWG?!
Is anyone playing that game? lol

But yea, I tried everything and nothing worked. I couldn't find the BIOS option mentioned in that link. :p

. . .I forgot to try one thing which I doubt will work. In AoC if you Hold Ctrl+Alt+C it disables a core on dual core CPU's. Off to try it now.
Since I don't to come back later and say it didn't work, It didn't work.

I'm hoping they fix this in the Augest 6th patch. What server do you play on?

Im probably just going to sell my computer to someone that doesn't game much, and turn around and build a new setup. I'm having too many issues with this setup, and besides, Ive had it for a year and haven't upgraded it yet haha. As far as playing AoC, it's probably been a month since I played... I really can't play MMO's without BSODing after at the most an hour...And SWG, haha yeah but only like 2 servers are active with players, and you still hardly see them.

Im probably just going to sell my computer to someone that doesn't game much, and turn around and build a new setup. I'm having too many issues with this setup, and besides, Ive had it for a year and haven't upgraded it yet haha. As far as playing AoC, it's probably been a month since I played... I really can't play MMO's without BSODing after at the most an hour...And SWG, haha yeah but only like 2 servers are active with players, and you still hardly see them.

you could get a lot of money with that setup, but at the same time, might be difficult to find someone with the money to buy it, the only way i could sell mine is to lower the price by like 50%.
I dont think there is much to upgrade either.

anyway, about the MMO, i never had any problems playing MMOs, i tried like a alot of MMOs for about 2 hours or so, and never had anything like this.

EDIT - this guy with Intel is having the same problem
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/30987228/a-clock-interrupt-was-not.aspx

So i am thinking that its more of a 64-bit problem, unless NEED WOW NOW uses 32-bit...
do you guys have any back up/secondary parts you could use to test to see if any parts are faulty?

I have absolutely NO extra parts to use but to fix the problem I could probably get enough money for a few things. (Not Much)

I'm using Vista-32Bit and as a small update, I was blue screened when I had the AoC patcher and a few more memory intencive programs running. This new BS was a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA.
BSOD-0p6b.png

That's what it was. The problem HAS to be linked to either MMO type games or some dam hardware problem.
Picture is not from my BS.

Should I take down my Overclock on my CPU and see if its better?

Just downloaded Defraggler and analyzed my C drive.

41GB FRAGMENTED!

Now, should I just hit defrag whole drive or should I go through the files.

BTW, found about 20 1Gb fragments from AoC. Problem?

I now there not much upgrading I can do, btu ive found a bette HDD, a better GPU, I wanna try the Intell processors, so I might as well build a new setup. But I only BSOD in MMO's, nothing else. The more i look into this the more i think it is a hardware issue...

Nope, AoC always caused fragments in my HDD. Its all them damn updates and ToS AoEing everywhere causing it :D

I'm beginning to think that too.

I'm still in the process of defragging my crap. I even took the time to defrag my ipod. (That just screams I got nothing to do)

And still researching and playing a lil DDR/Stepmaina in between.

The more I look into this the more I start to think its our MOBO, we have pretty much the same MOBO. Also I still want to blame VIsta 64 bit, but that doesnt hold much ground when your running a 32 bit version...

Back
Top Bottom