Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
Teny
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Default Re: The Ultimate Computer Forum Debate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan2989 View Post
Mac vs Windows?

Personally, I am fond of Windows unless seen in a media environment, there I am split. I know the Mac looks great, doesn't get viruses, and never crashes, but isn't there more to computers and networking?

The only time I see Mac REALLY winning is in the media department.

Thoughts?
Actually, i know people that got viruses, and crashed a lot, especially when they were doing some project and didnt save for awhile.
I never liked macs, every time i use one, they are slow, certain programs dont work well as it should, etc.

while for the media, i think windows is better, might take longer, but if you got the right program, and you hardware is good enough, then its better than the mac. The only thing about using a Mac in the media department is the ease of use, took me like an hour to make a music video in school on a mac, and it took me like about a day to make one on my old computers, but i prefer the one i made on the pc to show to people.

EDIT - Linux rules all!!!! (but only if you know how to use it)
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote