Look what UPS brought me...

Wow, yeah, playing in cars is very dangerous, but thats what makes it fun. Going to the edge, and seeing for far you can lean over without falling. You should throw a L/S in there man... I know for the ranger, I can get an xploder 8.8 inch rear L/S for like $70.

It requires modification to my transmission for one to fit, and I'm pretty sure they have been discontinued. :(

And by the way I was trying to catch up with a bunch of friends who left me behind in traffic... The road was clear and I wouldn't have done such a thing if there were people around. Just a little dirt on the road and poor foresight.

Lol I haven't taken mine to my favorite exit ramp yet but I think my previous record was 65 before the curve opened. I should go try tonight. It's a nice downward slope with about 235 foot radius and maybe a 15 degree bank.

Nice.

Might I add that Highway 9 is a mountain road. ;)

65 because of grip... this was on all-season tires. The turn is funky, it starts out wide, then tightens, then gets wide again. I don't have a limited slip so if I get to that speed that's about where I start losing power on the inside tire, and where the whole car starts drifting out sideways (not literally a powered drift but just an overall loss of grip on all 4 corners) in the first place. Not only that but I have to be careful because if I lift on the throttle I get really bad oversteer which causes me to spin out. It's happened before on an exit ramp, but it was a different one that was a much tighter turn and I just went in going about 15 mph too fast probably. Fortunately I didn't learn a lesson from picking glass out of my arm and having to get my back straightened back out... the car stayed on all fours through about 4 powerslides and I ended up backwards in a ditch, with my brights on, and windshield wipers going. Learn from my mitakes kids. :D

I don't think that will happen with the new tires but I'm not one to test my luck. I've lived long enough to know it's very bad, but somehow good enough to keep me away from any severe injuries besides a deep cut in my finger.

Haha, bummer dude. Yeah my car has an open differential...not too great if I take it too hard down Highway 9. Luckily I haven't crashed the car yet, but I did go over my head once and ended up blowing a tire cause the car oversteered and somewhat understeered at the same time which resulted in me running into the dirt run off on the side with these big rocks and such.

Gotta love Dayton tires. :rolleyes: Hard compound, no grip, rubber starts graining and it makes random squealing all over the place. Fail.

EDIT>>> One thing I don't regret from that tire blowout incident was that it led me to purchasing the RT-615's. :)

It requires modification to my transmission for one to fit, and I'm pretty sure they have been discontinued. :(

And by the way I was trying to catch up with a bunch of friends who left me behind in traffic... The road was clear and I wouldn't have done such a thing if there were people around. Just a little dirt on the road and poor foresight.
Oh yeah, FWD... lol. Mine, just pop open the Dif Case, stick some gears in there or w/e and done, bodda bing bodda boom, lol.

Nice tires I bet they grip well, good thing you get them cheaper cause there 15"s I bet there more expensive on 18"s. 205 is kinda thin you couldnt go wider?

That's as big as my OEM wheels allow me. When these run out of tread I'm definately getting some 17" x 8" wheels. :)

That's as big as my OEM wheels allow me. When these run out of tread I'm definately getting some 17" x 8" wheels. :)

Nice 17"x8" are the perfect size for me too with 245/40/17, but I decided to go a little bigger with 225/40/18 :p

Back
Top Bottom