Is this normal.

Lost37

Beta member
I recently got my computer back from a repair shop.It completly restarted, so I was trying to install my antivirus, but the cd wouldnt load it doesnt show under my computer either.The same results happen with every cd I tryed do, I have to program something first or is it a computer problem ?

It's possible that you may need to reinstall your CD drive's drivers. Right click on My Computer (or Computer for Vista) and go to Manage, then select Device Manager and look at where the CD/DVD drives should be. If it is listed with a yellow exclamation mark next to it, you need to install the drivers. If it isn't listed, open up your case and make sure that the IDE or SATA cable is plugged in. If not, plug it in and then see if that makes a difference.

It's possible that you may need to reinstall your CD drive's drivers. Right click on My Computer (or Computer for Vista) and go to Manage, then select Device Manager and look at where the CD/DVD drives should be. If it is listed with a yellow exclamation mark next to it, you need to install the drivers. If it isn't listed, open up your case and make sure that the IDE or SATA cable is plugged in. If not, plug it in and then see if that makes a difference.
Im looking under it would it be under Disk Drive or system devices or is it something else.

Then I would suggest taking a look inside your computer to make sure that the drive is actually connected to the motherboard. That's the only thing I can really think of. I know I've had some intermittent issues with my SATA DVD-RW drive where I have to scan Device Manager every now and then to get it to show up, but this doesn't sound like that.

Then I would suggest taking a look inside your computer to make sure that the drive is actually connected to the motherboard. That's the only thing I can really think of. I know I've had some intermittent issues with my SATA DVD-RW drive where I have to scan Device Manager every now and then to get it to show up, but this doesn't sound like that.

Its conected it just doesnt show i guess i'll take it to the store thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom