Look what UPS brought me...

Yes, Beamers are way too common now adays...

The 7 series are the ones with V-8s and V-12s, I dont really think they are made for comfort with that many cajones are they?

On a side note, the little town I live in, the nicest car you see is a vette or a Gt500 sometimes. But the other day I was driving and saw a mercedes... took a closer look, and there is a nice V12 badge on the side. Then today I saw a Ferrari. I think it was 599GTB Fiorano. And I have seen a couple 911s around too. Pretty exciting to me, lol. Next time I see one, I'll pull up next to him at the stop light, burnout contest, lol, jp.
Altough, I got my tires smoking around the corner the other day... I'm marking my territory, cause I am getting new tires soon!!
if they werent made with comfort in mind they could make that car a whole lot smaller and faster
i think they are built with some form of comfort in mind

"Comfort" means breathing room, nice full-featured interior with good materials, a soft suspension, and easy power, which usually means a large car and a large engine with a smooth torque curve.

"Fast" generally means peaky or finicky curves from sucking every ounce of power out of the motor, hard suspension and motor mounts that transfer tons of vibration to the driver, a small light car, and as stripped down as you can get, inside and out.

"Comfort" means breathing room, nice full-featured interior with good materials, a soft suspension, and easy power, which usually means a large car and a large engine with a smooth torque curve.

"Fast" generally means peaky or finicky curves from sucking every ounce of power out of the motor, hard suspension and motor mounts that transfer tons of vibration to the driver, a small light car, and as stripped down as you can get, inside and out.
and the BMW 7 series meets the description of comfort just cos it has a big engine dosent mean it has to be a raw powerhouse , the large engine just adds to the comfort it just means it wont struggle when entering the motorway it will make light work of going from like 20mph to 70-80mph
"fast" reminds me of the time james may drove a DBR9 in top gear

D-Lew, these tires are AMAZING. It's so awesome what all that extra grip can do, not in just driving but in boosting confidence. Hooooly shiet! I was taking some turns going down Highway 9 at almost 50 mph with nothing but grip. :eek:

Now I just need to fix all that body roll and tighten up the chassis. Oh and a proper bucket seat is needed now...my current OEM seats are useless cause now I have to brace with my knee or I'll be sliding all over the place.

"fast" reminds me of the time james may drove a DBR9 in top gear

That would be the Aston Martin V8 Vantage N24. I'll give anyone a rep point if they know what the N24 stands for. :)

D-Lew, these tires are AMAZING. It's so awesome what all that extra grip can do, not in just driving but in boosting confidence. Hooooly shiet! I was taking some turns going down Highway 9 at almost 50 mph with nothing but grip. :eek:

Now I just need to fix all that body roll and tighten up the chassis. Oh and a proper bucket seat is needed now...my current OEM seats are useless cause now I have to brace with my knee or I'll be sliding all over the place.

That would be the Aston Martin V8 Vantage N24. I'll give anyone a rep point if they know what the N24 stands for. :)

oh yer my bad wrong car , where have i seen a DBR9 on tv then ???
however N24 was because aston martin built that car for the nurburgring 24 hour endurance race i remember reading about it either in top gear magazine or in a motoring section of a newspaper on the train

Lol I haven't taken mine to my favorite exit ramp yet but I think my previous record was 65 before the curve opened. I should go try tonight. It's a nice downward slope with about 235 foot radius and maybe a 15 degree bank.

Lol I haven't taken mine to my favorite exit ramp yet but I think my previous record was 65 before the curve opened. I should go try tonight. It's a nice downward slope with about 235 foot radius and maybe a 15 degree bank.

Record in a ranger is 70... with 7 rolls, couple in air spings, ya know, the usuall.

limited at 65 because of engine or because of grip? Is your engine modded yet?

All I can do is go for top end... lol, but I get that ranger could really get moving. I have gotten it too 103. I want to swap in a 5.0, considering I will get like 60 more hp and some more torque. For the same mileage as my 4.0. Around 18-20mpg...
As for tires, I am just gonna go with some BFGs All Terrain T/A KO if I can afford it.

Once my suspension work is done, I'm going SRT swap when the warranty is all gone.

65 because of grip... this was on all-season tires. The turn is funky, it starts out wide, then tightens, then gets wide again. I don't have a limited slip so if I get to that speed that's about where I start losing power on the inside tire, and where the whole car starts drifting out sideways (not literally a powered drift but just an overall loss of grip on all 4 corners) in the first place. Not only that but I have to be careful because if I lift on the throttle I get really bad oversteer which causes me to spin out. It's happened before on an exit ramp, but it was a different one that was a much tighter turn and I just went in going about 15 mph too fast probably. Fortunately I didn't learn a lesson from picking glass out of my arm and having to get my back straightened back out... the car stayed on all fours through about 4 powerslides and I ended up backwards in a ditch, with my brights on, and windshield wipers going. Learn from my mitakes kids. :D

I don't think that will happen with the new tires but I'm not one to test my luck. I've lived long enough to know it's very bad, but somehow good enough to keep me away from any severe injuries besides a deep cut in my finger.

Back
Top Bottom