Look what UPS brought me...

well over here the likes of the 5 series and definatley the 7 series are built for comfort long distance journeys , i have riden in various 5 series as a passenger and will say comfy cars all round they still do handle pretty reasonably according to a few people i know who own them however they dont handle anywhere near as good as the likes of an M3
i agree BMW does make some sportier cars , such as the 3 series and the M3 which are built to go fast and handle

The 5 and 7 series have more of a comfortable ride, but it's still more sport and handling oriented.

Besides, you can't compare the 5 series to an M3...a complete apples to oranges comparison.

The 5 and 7 series have more of a comfortable ride, but it's still more sport and handling oriented.

Besides, you can't compare the 5 series to an M3...a complete apples to oranges comparison.

yer i know its not really a comparison i was just saying BMW dont just make handling/performance cars
I dunno if its different over there but people buy 5 and 7 series as a sensible comfortable family car , and 1 and 3 series as a sporty little thing

yer i know its not really a comparison i was just saying BMW dont just make handling/performance cars
I dunno if its different over there but people buy 5 and 7 series as a sensible comfortable family car , and 1 and 3 series as a sporty little thing

All their cars are still more handling oriented than other marques such as Mercedes-Benz, Lexus or Infiniti.

BMW may make them with handling in mind but most people dont buy them with that in mind
a lot of people buy them for the ride comfort or the power

If you're looking purely for comfort then BMW isn't the way to go. If you're looking for comfort with sporty performance then BMW is the way to go.

Most people buy BMW's as a status symbol anyways. So they can prove to other people they've made it big. :rolleyes:

well i know loads of cars that would be just as if not more comfortable than a BMW i mean hell what my parents drive which is a meganne scenic is just as comfortable as a BMW IMO just cause of how high up you are as a passenger but the thing is people have this theory that just because it costs that much and it has a BMW badge is automatically the most comfortable thing and they are pretty comfortable but there is more comfortable out there

its like the whole apple thing people thing its automatically better becaus eit has an apple logo on it such as the i pod and the i phone

and that bit about people buying a BMW as a status symbol is kinda not true over here in england i see loads of BMW's on the road
everyday almost as common as the likes of fords (Except proper looking fords ) so i think they have kinda lost that appeal , over here in the UK people buy mercedes benz(their getting kinda comman these days ) , jaguars (rolls royces and bentlys if youmake it really big :D)to show people they have made it big

That's my point. It's so common now that it's just doesn't have class anymore. That's probably why I would never buy a brand new BMW.

Vintage BMW > New BMW.

/thread

i do agree the older BMW's do just look so much better ,
another older German car i think looks damm good is the audi quatro from the late 80's , in fact its so good i think im going to have to post a picture
audi-quattro-1988.jpg

vw golf gti MK1-MK3 very good looking IMO
in fact you know what i think i have a vintage german car fettish :D
i dont like the styling of the new ones much anymore ,
are they getting that common over in the US now as well ?
cos i know over here they are getting pretty common along with the likes of mercs and audis although to be fair this is europe and they are european cars

I think the fact that the BMW has become so common has ruined it people used to buy them for what they where now everyone buys them cos everyone else has one

Yes, Beamers are way too common now adays...

The 7 series are the ones with V-8s and V-12s, I dont really think they are made for comfort with that many cajones are they?

On a side note, the little town I live in, the nicest car you see is a vette or a Gt500 sometimes. But the other day I was driving and saw a mercedes... took a closer look, and there is a nice V12 badge on the side. Then today I saw a Ferrari. I think it was 599GTB Fiorano. And I have seen a couple 911s around too. Pretty exciting to me, lol. Next time I see one, I'll pull up next to him at the stop light, burnout contest, lol, jp.
Altough, I got my tires smoking around the corner the other day... I'm marking my territory, cause I am getting new tires soon!!

Back
Top Bottom