First Time computer builder

i woul change that 1gb of ram to a faster speed, or its going to limit the one thats bundled with the mobo/cpu since the ram you selected go at 533, while the bundle one goes on 800.
This is the one that comes with the bundle.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2882686&CatId=2264
sure it cost more, but you get better performance

The Xion PSU is one that i would not recommend, it might have a lot of Wattage, but the Quality is pretty poor, the PSU will probably last 6 months or less if you leave your computer on like 24/7. Its best to get like OCZ, Corsiar, or Antec. Cost more, but cheaper in a long run, and its better to go with Quality over Quantity.

I dont think sound cards are needed, unless you are going to have like surround sound or like you have one of them ears that can listen to the small differences, other than that, on board will do fine, of course, unless you still want it, then go for it.

Looks like thats everything you need, maybe you will need some extra cables or fans. I didnt look at the things thoroughly enough to know what comes with what.

I dont know what you mean by tool less case... unless you are talking about tools like screwdrivers and such, then all you need is a screwdriver.

Building a computer is not hard, just as long as you follow guides and instructions, and when building a computer, you must have patience, and you dont need to push them in hard, if you use force, then theres a chance you might damage the components.

When you get the items, and still need help, just ask here, we are all here to help.

and welcome to the forums

EDIT - Heres a guide on how to build pc
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=14506

Having a tool-less case will make it slightly easier because you won't have to remove the second side panel of the case, but that isn't much easier than putting screws in. The real advantage, in my opinion, comes when it is time to remove, replace or just rearrange drives and expansion cards, because it's as simple as just flicking a slider or clip and taking the hardware out. :)

Looks like Teny's got it covered. One thing I suggest, if you do not mind spending more money, is to go with an ATI HD4870 series card.

Looks like Teny's got it covered. One thing I suggest, if you do not mind spending more money, is to go with an ATI HD4870 series card.

I don't plan to play like Crysis or anything but I got the 9800 so I won't need to upgrade any time soon for any games I may like in the future.

And Teny, I have 2 gigs of ram there since the mobo/cpu has more ram.

I know this is much but would everything fit?

EDIT: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3972105&CatId=1483 Better PSU? I plan to leave my computer on for 16 hours a day.

thats a great PSU.
i plan to get a 500w since like every time i ask which one to get, they either suggest me an Antec or one of these StealthXStream.
the reason why i posted the other 2gb is because your first link showed a 1gb of ram.

everything should fit, its a nice build too.
it seems like all the links you showed are better than my build.
So that means you could run pretty much every game on max (some with AA some without) except for crysis.

The HD 4850 is the same price as the 9800GTX but faster.

True, but the board he posted supports SLI, so maybe he could pick up another 9800 in the future when theres a price drop on those, and then SLI them

sorry, but i am getting confused.
are you trying to have 2gb of ram? or 4gb?

Back
Top Bottom