new computer not working

xxc00lmanxx

In Runtime
Hello

I just got all parts for a AMD system and i put it together. I turned it on after 2 seconds in i heard a pop following a flash of light then the computer turned off. I i turned it back on and it just sits there all the fans and hdd and cd drives are running. The thing is i got a case with a power supply and the power seemed really lite a crapy. so i thot i might try a different power supply but it didnt change anything... i looked all over the mother board and everything nothing looks burnt at all. im lead to think that its the mother board because everything else is getting powered but the motherboard does not want to beep or do anything when it starts.

please help

Did you mount the motherboard on these...

standoff2.jpg

no but there are bumps in the case that are about as tall as thos... the case or motherboard did not come with thos so i dont think they are needed.

the raisers are needed in mounting the MOBO. i never have seen a case come with them pre-installed...figuring the whole placements is different on all MOBO's.

i think you could be looking at a shortage on the mobo, better take it back while you still got warranty!

If you saw a light, it was probably an electrical short on the motherboard because you didn't install the things that lukaszr mentioned. You probably should've read the instructions first, or at least know what you're doing.

Better safe than sorry.

EDIT: Link to the case?

the raisers are needed in mounting the MOBO. i never have seen a case come with them pre-installed...figuring the whole placements is different on all MOBO's.

the only case that i saw that doesnt need them raisers are them pre-built ones thats from like emachines, hp, etc.

to - xxc00lmanxx
is your motherboard new?
if its not, then have you got any post beeps when you start the system before the pop and flash?

my MSI board i use now never had a post beep, even when something was wrong with it. Then i installed this little speaker thing onto my mobo that came with the case (little plug thing like the power, resest switch pulgs, and has like a small circle at the end of it.) After i put that in, i started to get post beeps.
looks like this
speaker.jpg

Have you made sure you plugged in the 4 Pin Aux into the motherboard,also have is your motherboard a 24 Pin PSU Mobo? Have go got a 24 pin PSU (I Forogt to plug in the extra 4 pins,had the same problem).

Hello,

Thanks all, i have been building computer for about 3 years now, and i have never had a problem like this. i agree that there should have been mounts but there were not. if i were to get some and install the the motherboard would sit to high. I got the motherboard to turn on and run tho windows installation but half way tho it it told me my harddrive was not connected. and when i 1st turn it on it stays on the logo screen for a very long time. If i unplug my hard drive it goes right tho the logo screen and to the next ( like it should). So I no i should return the hard drive because that is not working like it should. i had the motherboard working. But i got up this morning and it has the same problem. I take out one ram and it starts but only says its has 800mb ram. i put in both sticks and nothing. this is really new to me i have no clue how to fix this.... why im asking for your help..

Motherboard is new..

Back
Top Bottom