AoC Freezing Computer Need suggestions

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
I have been getting really annoyed recently because of constant crashes. I get into AoC and I play for about a half an hour or more and it just freezes the whole computer. I can't even turn on/off my Num Lock or Caps lock.

After I restart I can play again but it is bound to crash anytime. I was temporarily AFK when I come back to find it frozen while I was hiding behind a tent. Yesterday this happened to me 7 TIMES and I even got a out of memory error.

Rig specs are:
ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition
2Gb's of DDR2 800 Ram @ 860Mhz
AMD Athlon X2 5600+ @ 3Ghz
Seagate 250GB HDD (Close to full, 10GB left on C, 21GB on B)
XION 600W PSU
AMD HD 4870
(Fan speed of the GPU is 65%, Overclocked to max CCC rates, NO Over heating problems)

I want to know ALL of the available fixes for my system to play this game. I will gladly give you more information on my system etc. if needed.

Thanks

I used to play AoC when it fist came out, but didnt like my ranger so i stopped playing after my sub died out. Hows the game at this point? BACK on topic, i believe there are some sticked threads about the out of memory error im almost 100% positive. I also think that there are some Ati fixes and whatnot, take a look there

Yea, i posted the exact message there but decided I would get more info on both forums than one.

I was also looking at those fixes but found nothing that works or haven't been able to test some of them.

As for the game, its gotten better. But:
PVP still isn't fixed
Tradeskills are being improved
Still HUGE class imbalances
PVP in most areas is still lolrunaway

Also, something I forgot to state was that in some of these crashes the red LED's on the back of my 4870 would light up. What the hell does that mean?

Okay i dont really know alot but i do know this: Newer video cards ( yours and mine both have it ) have LED's somewhere on it. They should be green/blue if they are working, and red if something goes wrong! But if u can get back in and play AoC or any other game then it seems as if something else is making it fail

Check out event viewer to see what's happening.

Undo all your OCs. If that fixes it, the game just didn't like the OC. It happens, even if it's completely stable in other situations.

Also, if you can, delete some stuff from your hard drives and defrag them. It's not good to have them extremely full.

Just ran the game to test something. Not even 5 Mins into the game I crash and get a BSOD.

Talk about stupid and annoying. -.-"

I lowed my OC on my 4870 to 760MhzCore and 1050Mhz Mem and going to test now. Also taking off my 8X AA(setting AA to 4X) and then going to test again with both AA and adaptive AA off in CCC.

The only changes I have made since I was last able to play this were enabling my L2 Cashe and Enabling LargesystemCache and the AA settings. Could any of these be the problem?

EDIT: With Adaptive AA off I still crashed a few minutes into the game. Going to decrease AA to 4X and then test.
2nd EDIT: AA 4X and yet again another crash. This time with a Motherboard beep. Solid and constant beep sound from internal speaker and complete crash. Lowered CPU OC on the FSB to 214Mhz instead of 215Mhz. Going to undo the enabling of L2 Cashe even though it speeds up start up a bunch.
3RD EDIT: Returned FSB to 215Mhz after a crash when I disabled Largesystemcache with a BSOD. In the blue crash screen it stated that a secondary processor has failed to receive something (Don't know what it said there) in a given time interval. This leads me to believe that it is the L2 Cache that is to blame for this problem. I am now disabling L2 Cache and restarting and then going to try for another test.

LAST EDIT: L2 Cache was the problem and the game is now running smoothly at 8AA etc. I seems the ATI cards run slightly better with higher AA which is quite weird.

Next EDIT: Worked for a while then the next day I crashed. New thread about this issue posted.

Back
Top Bottom