Buy new or Mod old?

Irishsaint

Solid State Member
Just curious if there is anybody out there that can help me decide if I should buy a whole new computer to play games on or just Mod my current system. I'm looking to play games like WoW and maybe a FPS now and then. I currently have a Dell system with a AMD athalon 64x2 dual core processor 4000+ 2.10GHZ, 958 MB of RAM, 32-bit operating system, with a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 graphics card. All this is running on Windows Vista. Not really sure what is out there for current systems that would work for what I want but would have a budget from $800-$1000. So any tips on what to do or what to buy would be great, thanks!

Worshipme has an amazing sticky thread at the top for 1000 dollar builds (USD). For both overclockers and non overclockers. Check it out

Edit: I would just look at the sticky at the top, it's a great sticky.

Yeah that sticky is great but I have no idea how to build a computer.....Any ideas for a guy that doesn't know what he is doing? Thanks

Well if you cant or dont feel like building a new pc.. Post what motherboard youve got and someone here could probably find you a better video card/ processor.

If you have a PCI-E 16x slot I would just say mod. Buy a new video card and a new PSU if required. Save some money. WoW shouldn't need more than a 2.1GHz dual-core processor.

Back
Top Bottom