Diagnosing BSOD memory dump?

jcon891

Daemon Poster
Hi, I recently reformatted my computer and installed drivers for everything. I am running Windows XP home. Now my computer is BSODing and its a memory dump error. Is there anyone here who knows how to diagnose a BSOD? I am on a different computer right now but i just need to know what information is needed and i can get it for you.

Thank you in advance, to anyone who can help ;)

Boot to the F8 safe mode menu. In the menu list select to disable auto restart. This keeps the computer from restarting and lets you get a look at the bsod screen. The first set of numbers will be your guide to finding out what is wrong. It looks like 0x00000000, something like that. You can run those through the Microsoft knowledge base to get an answer and some possible solutions.

i guess i'm never really sure. I know I installed the correct chipset drivers because they were from my Motherboards disc, I know I got the correct graphic drivers, I know I installed the right CPU driver.. i don't have a sound card.. I can't think of what else I need.

I'll do what setishock said first.

are there any other drivers that come to mind that i should have?

EDIT--- and i tried doing what you said, A True Folder, the "how to read the small memory dump files that windows creates for debugging"... But there is a corruption in the debugging files that i have to download from the Microsoft website. It won't go through the installation so i can't read the dump files.

any thoughts?

EDIT(AGAIN)--- :) hi, I figured out that there was a corruption because i had nvidia firewall on and that causes things to not download properly. I finished debugging my small memory dump file and the error in it was just a driver problem. (whew) ... from researching further it seems that it's an nvidia driver problem. So i'm going to roll back my drivers just a bit and see if that does the trick :)

Back
Top Bottom