Satellite Internet Question...

Speed isn't the key factor in here.

If you do some mathematical calculations on where the satellites are, and how long it takes a signal from the earth to reach them and come back again based on the speed of light, it takes a long ass time. Somewhere around half a second or so. This is why your games lag.

no it may not lag. it will just be fine but you will find it hard to kill people.

Well its actually Age of Empires so not that graphical etc....So its not like its anything big as far as gaming. Broadband is not available in our area yet ( live out in the country ). It seemed to play without to bad a lag at 42kmps but since we moved we only connect at 24kmps with dial up so I guess where screwed anyway you look at it. :(

Well its actually Age of Empires so not that graphical etc....So its not like its anything big as far as gaming. Broadband is not available in our area yet ( live out in the country ). It seemed to play without to bad a lag at 42kmps but since we moved we only connect at 24kmps with dial up so I guess where screwed anyway you look at it. :(

oh if its for age of empires, you are fine. satellite is good enough for it.

Well thats what I thought, but sometimes we lag pretty hard other days seems to be faster? Guess it depends on how clear the sky is etc kinda like a direct tv system?

200mbps upload??? That over 25MB a second upload speed, and only 2000kbps download? That's only what, 250kb/s download? Makes no sense...

So your upload speed is faster than your download speed? Never heard of that one...

Who cares about seeding :D.

Back
Top Bottom