so, IT CAME!

P5xxx is not so good, that's around 9600GT standard. Most of the HD 4870s are getting P9xxx with a decent CPU.

I hit P7156 with my GT and E3110 @ 4.2.

i only built my computer 8 months ago and its already slow hehe.
but then again , 8 months in computer years

I built my computer back when I joined, so three years ago or so? I personally think it runs fine :D, despite the specs for it in my sig.

S'ok, I'll be getting a brand spanking new laptop within the coming weeks.

only thing i would do in your case is update your gpu... everything else is beyond now. the quad core is anyway.

yeh , i havnt been following track of the new cards , what are good ones by nvidia or radeon

yeh , i havnt been following track of the new cards , what are good ones by nvidia or radeon

well the current flagship models...

Nvidia:
9800 GTX
GTX 260
GTX 280 (Fastest card available atm.)

ATI:
4850 (Comparable to the 9800GTX.)
4870 (Faster than GTX 260 but slightly slower than the 280 at $150 less. When i say slightly i mean by a couple FPS is it slower. IMO its not worth the extra $150.)

Right now i would go for a 4870, i really would. It seems to be a great card and it proves itself to me every day. I can't justify spending an extra $150 for an extra couple FPS.

sweet man! i probably should've just gone with a 4850 i'd still be extremely impressed with its power. i just went 4870 because i got a raise at work and money permitted me to. granted im 16 and live at home, so i dont have to pay for anything but my gas which is why i can purchase this kind of stuff. however school is starting on the 14th so coming soon my income is going way down.

Back
Top Bottom