Dead Computer

Hmm.. That's about right for that PSU. Try what worshipme said and if there's no luck there then it could be bad news. Good luck though

Took the other panel off and couldn't see any immediate evidence of anything behind the PSU. Will perform a more thorough investigation in a minute. Surely if the PSU was going to go it would go when I was doing something really intensive, rather than just browsing the internet (which it did)

Looks like a dead PSU. But, don't fear anything. These guys are not expensive to get and they preety much fit in every PCs.

Wouldn't have been overheating , is not near a heater and was not doing anything strenuous

Its covered by PC Performance and Warranty from PC World, do you think ifI take it in there it will be an open and shut in and out job, I don't particularly fancy sending it away for weeks on end.

I'm still surpsied as to how it would go though, as I was not doing anything at all strenuous (just viewing a web page).

I'm sceptic about having it in and out. I tihnk it has to follow the queue, like 74.8% of shops does.

every time i have this problem, its the PSU.
theres a small chance that it might be the motherboard shorting out.
do you know if theres like any spacers between the mobo and case?

There appear to be, will take a look later.

The PSU in my old computer is an FSP250-60GEN . Is there any chance I could perform some sort of cannbilalisation or "jump run" it very short term so I can use my old PC to print out a number of files I need which are on there, as PC world may have it for a few weeks?

Well have thoroughly examined my mobo and nothing looks to be shorting, so it is safe to assume it is the PSU. Will ring PC World Tomorrow. Any ideas about my above question?

Back
Top Bottom