Satellite Internet Question...

religion2386

In Runtime
I have 3 old computers. The newest one being bought in 2002. The satellite speeds Im suppose to see is 200mbps up and 2000kbs down. I seem to lag in the game. I know they say dial up is actually faster playing games than satellite, but I used to connect at 42kmps. So with my satellite being 2000kbps wouldn't that be like 8x's faster than dial even on the down side? Would purchasing a newer computer with updated and faster processors ect..be beneficial to seeing faster game speeds?

Ping is the time it takes for the data packet to reach the remote server. The longer it takes, the longer the delay between you "Shooting" somone on an FPS, and the response from the game server of you shooting the guy..

belive it or not
altho satellite is better for web browsing
dial up might be better for gaming

Yea that sucks though! If its still 8x downspeed faster than dial up I dont see how dial up could be faster :(....So getting a new faster computer wouldnt help?

Yea that sucks though! If its still 8x downspeed faster than dial up I dont see how dial up could be faster :(....So getting a new faster computer wouldnt help?

Unless your current PC is horiffically old, then it proberbly wont help significantly, no. Sorry!

Speed isn't the key factor in here.

If you do some mathematical calculations on where the satellites are, and how long it takes a signal from the earth to reach them and come back again based on the speed of light, it takes a long ass time. Somewhere around half a second or so. This is why your games lag.

Back
Top Bottom