Non responsive computer help!

religion2386

In Runtime
I have a built computer...it was my moms...Im not sure of the specs. Long story short is she gave me the computer. She forgot the password to log into the computer. I went to reformat, but it tells me " read from cd failed". I burned DBAN to an .iso and load that up. The keyboard is unresponsive after bios. Ive tried both the USB keyboard and the other type of keyboard. IDK what the plug ins are called. When the screen says " press any key" no keys are responsive....how can I fix this?

bios reseat? whats re seat? Ive tried 2 keyboards BOTH work on the computer just not at the particular screen. Its weird cause I used to be able to get the XP login screen everytime I turned the computer on. Then 1 day my mom thought she remembered the password and she told me to try it. I turned the computer on and it hasnt loaded XP since! After it goes through bios testing etc it stays at a black screen.

thats wired then its not BIOS or mobo, so does it freeze? try a cleaning the disk or another drive or a windows repair if you can off the cd that should work.

well if all else fails what can I do? Idk if it freezes...It just goes black like its loading but it NEVER goes anywhere and just stays black. So basically I start up...hit del or f2 or whatever and the keyboard works....I can change the boot sequence etc or w/e. I pop the XP cd in. Restart...."press any key to boot from cd". I start pressing keys but at this point the keyboard is unresponsive

so it read the disk but your keyboard stops working? idk thats wierd try messing around with it, boot from the cd it will load press R and it should begin a repair off your installation.did you get a virus?

Well my mom just used it for school work....I dont think it has a virus but it could....Its just weird because I tried guessing the password SOOO many times at the XP login screen. Then I talked to my mom and she told me some to try. I go in the room turn the computer on and I havent seen the XP screen since...Ive rebooted alot and still nothing...Yes it reads the disc and yes my keyboard stops working...same thing on 2 different keyboards :(....Its 1 of my only computers Id guess NOT to have a virus but the only 1 I cant seem to fix lol

I made of a video of the process...but I cant find a way to convert it so I can upload the file. Its in 3pg format...

Back
Top Bottom