KrakenKing

Solid State Member
So, I'm building a new computer (My first time) and this is what I have in it:

APEVIA ICEBERG ATX-IB680W-BL 680W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
EVGA Nvidia NForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
2GB Ram
Pentium 4 3.2ghz Processor
BFG 8800GT OC PCI-E 512mb Video Card

I have everything installed and hooked up correctly, including the video card. When I turn on my computer my hard drives boot and all the fans turn on. The fan on the video card turns on as well.

But, even though everything seems to run properly, the monitor won't turn on. It says it has no signal input.

I have to use the adapter it came with because my monitor won't plug straight into the video card.

Anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks.

I don't mean to sound rude, but, have you made sure that the card has the PCI-E connection (or connections) plugged in? If it has those, they all need to be plugged in or else the card won't function.

Yup, the 6pin PCI-E connector is plugged into the back of the card. Now, I have also tried the connector the card came with, which was the 6pin PCI-E connector that has a 2-way split to connect two Peripheral connectors into it, and I still get nothing.

The card itself is also plugged into the PCI-E slot closest to the Processor, which is recommended by the manufacturer. I had also tried putting it in the 2nd slot with no luck.

Do you get any odd sounding beep codes when you turn it on? If everything is working, you should hear a single beep.

Also, are your sure your CPU is supported by the board? That may sound silly as your CPU is obviously LGA775, so it should be supported. But I was suprised to find that an old D 805 was not supported by my P5K.

Actually, there is no beep.

The I was told my CPU would be compatible with the motherboard... but maybe it's not. I was going to upgrade to a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor though in a few days. I just wanted to see if I could get it working with my old CPU.

my friend kind of got a problem like this with his 3850.
what he did was connect one with VGA with a DVI adapter, and a normal DVI cable, and it works, when it loaded up, he then switched the VGA input to the DVI input.
Is this like your first time using a DVI card? or have you been using the DVI for awhile (not including the adapter)

I had an old video card that used DVI, but that card burnt out, so I went back to using the VGA input for my integrated video card.

Back
Top Bottom