>.< vista probs.

its a legal versin, premium and i hated spending the money for it, as for fans i have 9 fans running in the case.

@ dude se i think that solved the opening part but i think i need a reinstall i haven't defraged sincce i upgraded 4 months ago, yeah i defragged everyday with xp but vista just doesn't seem like its doing the job.

defraggler im going to try but it looks like its going to work. and at spyware banisher thanks! thats helps a lot.wish i could rep you but i have to give more to give you some first.

did u install with all 4g in?
if this is the 64bit version
your install is corrupted happened to me
reformat and install with only 1 stick of ram in

yea the vista defragger is crap. takes hours. on xp it took minutes as i did it all the time.

I'd say to update your graphics drivers, update Windows to the latest patches first.
yer as he googled it.

What you want to do is update your vista and all the drivers

He Googled it, doesn't mean it always works. It was made on Vista Beta 2. We don't know about Vista RTM.

i usd them all and they help significantly

Not to steal this thred, (maybe you can PM me instead) but in on a Toshiba A135 S2276 notebook. Has an Intel Pentium Dual Core. Ive read on the net that it has a 1mb L2 Cache. What would i put in the box in regedit?

And, this will not mess my computer up will it? I mean hardware wise, if it fails windows, I could careless.

downlo9ad cpu-z first from here

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

then use it to find out the L2 cache. it will be on the 2nd tab about cache. look down and find the L2 numbers. it shud say a number x2. times that number by 2, and put that into the regedit.

Ok, I did that, but under the cache tab it only says L2 Cache 512Kbytes. But if I look under the CPU tab, and go down towards the bottom, it says "Cache" and says Level 2 2x 512 Bytes.

look under the cache tab. for L2 does it look like this
Capture-1.jpg

and for the first tab, does it look like this
capture2.jpg

if so, use 1024 as the value to put into regedit

Back
Top Bottom