What to do in regedit

DUDE MAN

In Runtime
Can someone explain to me what you would do in regedit? The only thing I know is that if you want to enable/disable or delete something that would be one place you could do that in. Other than that I had no clue what it's there for. What is HKEY?

Thanks in advance for any help.

How do I get rid of the drop down list if I don't want my usernames to drop down in the username box? For example, I don't want all usernames with the same beginning letter to drop down when I type a letter. And Google; can I also delete the search drop down list whenever I type a letter? Can I do all this in regedit?

what username box? are you using a classic login?
if so something like windows steadystate will sort you out. its a free MS program. there is a way to edit it in the registry (i think), but im not sure off the top of my head. as for the google thing. if you are using IE7 then go to tools>delete browsing history, and delete the form data. the same can be done in FF by going to tools, clear private data, then choose the form one again. not sure if this can be done via the registry though. if you wanted to turn off the "drop down list" then theres an option called "auto complete". cant remember how to turn it off though :p

Just my opinion, but I would be super careful when doing anything with the registry! If you remove 1 wrong thing, you can screw up your machine in a bad way!

to turn off auto complete- go to tools- internet options- content, settings for autocomplete, uncheck all boxes and hit okay. Then go to general and hit delete-delete all to clear all of the stuff. this will also get rid off cookies and passwords.

in firefox, ctrl-shift-del will clear it all, and tools-options-privacy will give you the options to turn off the stuff like in IE.

Back
Top Bottom