would it be bad

disturbed13

Daemon Poster
to set the gpu fan speed at like 90-100% at start up?
and have the heatsink fan run at 75% at start up?
would it shorten the life span?
or would it be nothing but benificial for the rig?
which i think it would be

so would you just set them to that speed in the BIOS?
or what?
how would one accomplish said goal

no it wouldn't shortin the life span of the card. would it be benificial, not very much i believe.

I kno that all GPU cards on start up, the fans blow a lot faster then when the pc has been on already.
You won't achieve a whole lot doing that.

i just want to keep my gpus as cool as possible
and i want the fans to be running all the time, even at idle
i still want high fan speeds
i can always put on head phones :D

the card might get more dusts if your computer creates a lot of dust.
I am not sure, but the fan might die out a little quicker, but not by much, by the time it dies out, you're pretty much moved on to another card

yeah, rivatuner is good just make sure no speedfan! ntune is handy too.

why are you worried about GPU core temps? they run hotter than CPUs to begin with, but what concerns you to the point that you have to mess with it? they design the heatsink/fan combos that way from the factory and are willing to offer you warranties on their products for extended periods of time for a reason. leave it alone.

one reason why im worried about my gpu core temps is that on idle/load the fan speed is only at 29%, and its like 68c.
i dont know about you but thats hot, i ran the card for 5 min underload benching DMC4, and i got this one burning smell, and i think thats bad.
I prefer to keep the card as long as i can, and dont have to deal with shipping the card back and wait to get another one.

why are you worried about GPU core temps? they run hotter than CPUs to begin with, but what concerns you to the point that you have to mess with it? they design the heatsink/fan combos that way from the factory and are willing to offer you warranties on their products for extended periods of time for a reason. leave it alone.

why?

one reason why im worried about my gpu core temps is that on idle/load the fan speed is only at 29%, and its like 68c.
i dont know about you but thats hot, i ran the card for 5 min underload benching DMC4, and i got this one burning smell, and i think thats bad.
I prefer to keep the card as long as i can, and dont have to deal with shipping the card back and wait to get another one.

thats why
that an i am a college student
and i dont have the resources to drop on another gpu
especially since this is my first dedicated gpu
that i have ever had in a pc!
period!

Back
Top Bottom