AMD or Intel

^
You know it's funny. When I first got into computers and stuff (2002 or so,) nearly EVERYONE I asked said that AMD was much better for gaming, and that Intel was good for number crunching. Funny how the tables have turned.

Hopefully AMD can catch up with Intel. A monopoly is something the computer industry doesn't need.
I doubt Intel would ever let AMD fall. As a matter a fact, I would bet that Intel would PAY AMD to stay in the race if they had to. If AMD were to go down, Intel would almost surely be accused/prosecuted of monopoly. IBM makes a few processors, but I have never even seen them in the poles.

Someone has this in their sig over at XS, I thought it was pretty good:

"For five years AMD were kicking Intel's ass, and all they did was give them a bloody nose, in one year, AMD ended up in the intensive care unit"

Sad, but true.

Lmao, yeah it is true. Though I am looking forward to the new Turion Ultra based notebooks, seems interesting. Although the Centrino 2 platform features processors with min. 3MB SmartCache and 1066MHz FSB (which, according to this article will be replaced by QuickPath Interconnect), it seems that C2 will beat the Turion Ultra platform without question.

You mean Puma? I'm not so sure... Intel have nothing to match AMD's graphics in the mobile sector. And power consumption will be about equal with both platforms.

Yeah, the Puma platform, I couldn't think of the codename off the top of my head and was too lazy to look it up lmao. But I am looking forward to it, any idea when it might be seen (offered on a site such as Dell)?

From what I heard, it was six months from when it was presented at Computex, so around Christmas would be my best guess.

I vote Intel, I currently use AMD but I am soon switching to Intel.
My dad uses Intel and it's been fine for years. My old AMD over heated (didn't overclock or anything) and it just blew and computer crashed..no viruses, nothing that was hogging resources...just happened in the middle of the day of random...
And most reviews say Intel is better which is a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom