Explorer freezing up.

Been running for awhile now, has not froze. When i did the restore point, it listed times I could restore, and also said "Uninstalled xxxxxxx and Intalled xxxxxx"(x's= whatever program it was) Only thing installed was AVG. But I took that off.
What could of caused this?
Im pretty good with computers, and this is still mind boggling to me. I cant figure it out. I figured a virus/spyware. but I scanned alot and there was nothing.

Well, I think the 512MB could still have something to do with it. You've had it for awhile, but the more programs you install that run in the backgrounds, the more memory is used. It might have just gotten too full and given up.

Might have to upgrade it. It can handle 2 gb's or ram, theres 1 512 mb stick in it now. might take that out and put 2x1 gb sticks in. The Full 2 gig might be more than I need, but its so cheap, might as well.

And if not, im going to slightly mad. Haha, Im sure it iwll improve. 1.5 gb more than I have now, Im sure would make things alot faster.
though Ive never really had any problems with it being slow. Sometimes, but not often.

Back
Top Bottom