>.< vista probs.

ace777

Fully Optimized
well, i have almost had it with vista, i loved XP and everythings is some much more annoying here. well i need help with a few thigs,

1. does anyone know a good defrag freeware that shows the progress while you are doing it?

2. explorer randomly crashes, when i close oblivion it crashes horribly, i can't play full screen videos in my video editing software, i could before, and for some reason media plaer 11 will play partially in full screen visual, and parial with the toolbar at the top.

3. is there any way to make it so that when you open a .mp3 format or any music the miniplayer at the bottom pops up? or maybe just the video player itself, when i click a song it plays with no window i have to manually bring up the wm 11 program to get it to run.

4. oblivions a little sluggish around 17-25 FPS running oblivion max, HDR,2x AA, and a few mods view distance full and grass on well. its at a 1280x960 res and i think its the processor (1.9 GHZ dual core) its a 9600 gso that should be more than adequte right?or do i need to updaste the cpu?

and finally ....

5. is the constructor set for oblivion compatable with vista everytime i try to load the files it freezes on me.

and i soon plan to upgrade, will a 650 wat psu pull a :

q6600 not sure clock speed yet around a 2.2 hopefully
9600 gso
4 gb ram
320 hd
a crap amount of fans.

thanks

:D :D :D

-ace777

ur cpu is a bit lacking but it shud be enough. you shud do some general optimization.

disable UAP. its the annoying crap that keeps asking you for confimations. then, enable ur L2 cache on your processor by

1. Go to your start menu and go to Search bar and type REGEDIT

2. Select and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

3. Select and open SYSTEM

4. Select and open CurrentControlSet

5. Select and open Control

6. Select and open Session Manager

7. Select and open Memory Management

8. Select SecondLevelDataCache and right click it and click Modify

9. The normal the decimal is 0, change that decimal to your current L2 cache

Now, vista should run faster for some users. Some it wont.
- If your cpu is dual core.. add both of them together, Say I had 512KB L2 + 512KB L2 well add them together and that would be 1024

THEN,
ENABLE LARGE SYSTEM CACHE

8. Find LargeSystemCache , right click on it to Modify

9. Put the decimal to 1

This allows the Kernel to Run in memory improves system performance alot. For some users

THEN

1. Go to Desktop

2. Right click with mouse, click on Personalize or Personalization

3. Click on Visual Appearance

4. Than Pick Classic Theme

5. Before you press Apply Go to Effects

6. Uncheck some of them.

This will make some alittle more free memory for your ram

THEN 8. Turn off account protection (by Lestat on XtremeSystems forums)

1. Go to Start, Click on Control Panel

2. Click on Administrative tools

3. Than Click on Local Security Policy

4. Go to Local Policies

5. Than click on Security Options

6. Find:

- User Account Control: Behavior Of The Elevation Prompt For Administators In Admin Approval Mode

- User Account Control: Behavior Of The Elevation Prompt For Standard Users

7. Right Click on

User Account Control: Behavior Of The Elevation Prompt For Administators In Admin Approval Mode

Click on properties. Than change the list to No Prompt

8. Repeat this for User Account Control: Behavior Of The Elevation Prompt For Standard Users

There, when you open a program the box wont come up saying you want to open this.. and this will save alittle ram

THEN restart your copmputer.

ur cpu is a bit lacking but it shud be enough. you shud do some general optimization.

disable UAP. its the annoying crap that keeps asking you for confimations. then, enable ur L2 cache on your processor by

8. Select SecondLevelDataCache and right click it and click Modify

9. The normal the decimal is 0, change that decimal to your current L2 cache

Now, vista should run faster for some users. Some it wont.
- If your cpu is dual core.. add both of them together, Say I had 512KB L2 + 512KB L2 well add them together and that would be 1024

THEN,
ENABLE LARGE SYSTEM CACHE

8. Find LargeSystemCache , right click on it to Modify

9. Put the decimal to 1

This allows the Kernel to Run in memory improves system performance alot. For some users

Not to steal this thred, (maybe you can PM me instead) but in on a Toshiba A135 S2276 notebook. Has an Intel Pentium Dual Core. Ive read on the net that it has a 1mb L2 Cache. What would i put in the box in regedit?

And, this will not mess my computer up will it? I mean hardware wise, if it fails windows, I could careless.

well, i have almost had it with vista, i loved XP and everythings is some much more annoying here. well i need help with a few thigs,

1. does anyone know a good defrag freeware that shows the progress while you are doing it?

2. explorer randomly crashes, when i close oblivion it crashes horribly, i can't play full screen videos in my video editing software, i could before, and for some reason media plaer 11 will play partially in full screen visual, and parial with the toolbar at the top.

3. is there any way to make it so that when you open a .mp3 format or any music the miniplayer at the bottom pops up? or maybe just the video player itself, when i click a song it plays with no window i have to manually bring up the wm 11 program to get it to run.

4. oblivions a little sluggish around 17-25 FPS running oblivion max, HDR,2x AA, and a few mods view distance full and grass on well. its at a 1280x960 res and i think its the processor (1.9 GHZ dual core) its a 9600 gso that should be more than adequte right?or do i need to updaste the cpu?

and finally ....

5. is the constructor set for oblivion compatable with vista everytime i try to load the files it freezes on me.

and i soon plan to upgrade, will a 650 wat psu pull a :

q6600 not sure clock speed yet around a 2.2 hopefully
9600 gso
4 gb ram
320 hd
a crap amount of fans.

thanks

:D :D :D

-ace777

im assuming that would be alot
instead of 1 fan
a heaping mound of fans crammed inside
would that be a good explaination of it?

you want to get the windows media player toolbar on your desktop?
just right click an empty spot on the taskbar. go to toolbars, and select media player. i think thats what you mean :p
as for the rest of it your not alone. recently vistas been giving me loads of grief :(
edit: reading over your first post again i dont think thats the problem. thats just wierd

Back
Top Bottom