Gigabyte & G.Skill RAM sponsored build

Not scared, huh? I'd be happy pumping up to around 1.45V into mine if I had the cooling, it seems high VVT (or FSB) voltage is killing these more often than high Vcore. From around 4.2 onwards, the voltage requirements go sky high I've found.

Good luck with your E8400 and fingers crossed you get a gem. :)

Not scared, huh? I'd be happy pumping up to around 1.45V into mine if I had the cooling, it seems high VVT (or FSB) voltage is killing these more often than high Vcore. From around 4.2 onwards, the voltage requirements go sky high I've found.

Good luck with your E8400 and fingers crossed you get a gem. :)

naw, i'm not really scared to clock the shit out of my proc and give it some decent vCore. if you want some serious clocks you gotta be able to take the risk.

wow got some nice hardware man :D
thanks. i can't wait til tomorrow for my PSU/HSF to come in.

naw, i'm not really scared to clock the shit out of my proc and give it some decent vCore. if you want some serious clocks you gotta be able to take the risk.
Alright, it's just the 45nms degrade pretty quick at high voltages. Let us know how it goes. :)

@ OP, nice score

I too will be awaiting oc results

What is the FPO/Batch number for the cpu?

How long have Gigabyte been using Zalman coolers on their cards?

;)

im going to try that coiling trick, how much should i coil it?

im going to try that coiling trick, how much should i coil it?
just use a pencil or thin screwdriver, that usually works the best.

all that for a game, its sickening but awsome
it's not all for a game, it's to showcase Gigabyte and G.Skill's Products. i personally only play COD4 and CS:S, but this computer will be available to everyone to play on at our LAN party in August. I'll be playing on my file server at that LAN party... the specs are listed below:
C2D E8400 @ 4.15ghz
Scythe Infinity Cooler, Arctic Silver Ceramique TIM
2x1gb G.Skill 2GBHZ Ram
Gigabyte G33M-DS2R motherboard
eVGA 8800GT Superclocked
OCZ 520w Powerstream
Lian-Li PC-61

@ OP, nice score

I too will be awaiting oc results

What is the FPO/Batch number for the cpu?

How long have Gigabyte been using Zalman coolers on their cards?

;)

i'm not sure how long Gigabyte has been using Zalman Coolers, but i think it's a brilliant move on their behalf. they don't have to pay for their own R&D on the heatsink design and create a manufacturing process for it, they just outsource, save money and throw a very nice cooler on the card from the factory. here's a closeup of the processor used in this build. i can't wait til tomorrow when i get my PSU/HSF in.
CPU1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom