Motherboard failure

MikeReiner

Golden Master
Last night my MSI K8N-Neo4-F failed. I was playing a game with a friend (buddy came over to lan) and my system froze up. So I restarted, got to the desktop, and it froze again.

I rebooted one more time, and it froze before it even got to start loading windows. After that, it stopped posting.

I tested out all the parts on another machine of the same cpu architecture, and all the other parts work perfectly (I'm running my 8800GT, 4200+ and my ram in another machine now..)

The PSU seems to be fine, voltages are fine.

None of the capacitors seem bulged.

i thought my MSI mobo died a few nights ago, turned out it was just the PSU, but it seems the PSU works for you.
Where you OCing by any chance?
did you try that thing where you take the CMOS battery out for like 10-15 min?

try a BIOS reset, psu under strain on another board, and maybe a ram reset.

No OCing, I already tried open test, bare min, cmos rest, etc.. this board is dead.

Ouch...I'm going over to this guy's house to set up his wireless. Then I'm going to take a look at his computer that is broken. He bought another one which is worse. So I'm going to see what the problem is with his broken one and see if he wants it fixed. He thinks it's the PSU. Anyways, if it's not, I'm going to talk to him, after I've figured out the problem, and see if he just wants me to change some parts out to his newer computer or order stuff to fix it. If he just wants to use parts on the other one, he said I could have the leftovers =p

Back
Top Bottom