Random Chit Chat #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that it was about a harry potter thread.. but I don't remember exactly what it was about.

I don't remember what the argument in there was about, but the thread was discussing the last book and he decided to have some "fun". That was an interesting night.

Dude, I'm going to be building a rig at the end of the year. Depending on how much I'll have left over for my video card I might actually take it. I'll be on a tight budget. $500-600, or $700-800 if I sell my monitor to get a better one, which would then hurt my build by $50 or so. But because my birthday is in February (I'll be building beginning of August), I might be able to get my parents to chip in $100 or so.

Here's what I have so far (that I want):

-Q6600
-4GB RAM (Upgrading to Vista 64-bit later on)
-2x 80/120GB HDD for RAID
-250+ GB for Storage
-Modular PSU
-Case with Side Window (always wanted one)
-GPU: 8800GT or greater

I'm not sure if I can fit all this into a $600 budget. I'm counting on a lot of price drops. Also, because I wasn't into computers until recently, do a lot of sales occur after Thanksgiving on that big sale? My parents are willing to lend me some money to order stuff then if there's a big drop in prices. Although, if there is one, I don't know whether it would be worth it or not, I mean, prices are always dropping. With the release of the Nehalems, I'm hoping that the Q6600 will drop even more. And I won't need an after-market HSF as I won't OC it, until I find necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom