cuil.com

spywarebanisher

Fully Optimized
cuil.com

wat do you guys think? its my website!

no its not.-_-...

anyway, people say that cuil is going to be bigger than google.
impossible. try searching something. the layout sucks and the homepage being black is distracting, and you cant actually use "cuil" as a verb
i.e: "I HAVE GOT TO GOOGLE THAT"
"I HAVE GOT TO CUIL THAT!" :rolleyes: doesnt work:confused:

the layout sucks btw.

I love the layout, but the engine needs work. I searched a few things and the results just weren't as complete as Google's engine came up with. If they work on it and get it fixed, I'll easily use it over Google.

looks flashy and all...but im still usin google

ill take funcionality over looks in some cases, and this is one of em

ill...thers not enough simplicity. google gives you a bunch of links to work with but this gives too much detail

ill...thers not enough simplicity. google gives you a bunch of links to work with but this gives too much detail

That's not a bad thing. It's just so you can preview what the actual link has in it so you don't have to keep going back and forth.

That actually looks pretty good.
Plus, it hasn't been bombarded with adds yet from websites, that don't relate to your search.

Good concept, but no. You cannot compete with Google's search engine. It's amazing when you really get into it. I'm sorry, but these guys don't stand a chance.
Rather than rely on superficial popularity metrics, Cuil searches for and ranks pages based on their content and relevance. When we find a page with your keywords, we stay on that page and analyze the rest of its content, its concepts, their inter-relationships and the page's coherency.
...wow. There's a reason pages are more popular. Just cause you weren't popular in high school and were the b*tch who got made fun of, doesn't mean ranking pages based on PageRank is "superficial".
Reliable sources are going to be the most popular pages 99% of the time.
Imagine if the phone company decided to stop listing infrequently called numbers in the phone book. Maybe no one phones your grandmother much, but if her friend from the old neighborhood wants to get in touch, shouldn't her number be in the book? Cuil lists all the numbers, even the ones that aren't called much. Because one day someone will need that number.
You've got to be kidding me. Just because your parents didn't love you, you have no friends, and have never gotten laid :rolleyes:

Besides all this, look at Google's backup. They have a HUGE corporate backing, and some of the most genius programmers, designers, etc in the world.

Back
Top Bottom