Steam requires Defrag?

if it wasn't biased, the writer would have taken a more neutral stance

i.e. defragmenting MAY lead to performance boost but have not shown significant improvement in some machinese or something like that.

Thats like saying 'Well, these benchmarks and tests show that an 8800GT is faster than a TNT2, but we'll just say that it MAY perform faster so that we don't sound like biased assholes.'

yer, like a ref being against the other football team and making the opposite team more on his side.

iits not just a ref its other things but thats an example, i found out this when i watched the last world cup

Dofreaging the hard drive give you a little speed boost, but for access time, that is greatly improved.

Here, take this as an example: You have a very messy room. Everything is lying on the floor. Now, you search for an item, but that thing is with millions of other stuff. You grab it in 5 minutes. Now, take that room and clean it. Completely. Try to look for it. It'll take you 30 seconds, even less.

Thats like saying 'Well, these benchmarks and tests show that an 8800GT is faster than a TNT2, but we'll just say that it MAY perform faster so that we don't sound like biased assholes.'

im trying to argue that just because its from reuters (a news source) doesnt mean its unbiased.

and J, i know what biased means. if what im saying is not biased, then FOX news isnt biased? FOX news obviously doesnt support obama and that surely is biased?

Steam also asked me to perform a defrag on my steam files for the first time ever. I've been using Steam for 5 years and I never got that message before. I started up the defrag, but then got impatient and started fragging n00bs.

^
lol

I just got a steam update, and I noticed one of the fixes was:
Steam said:
-Fixed rare cache corruption caused by defragging
That could have been the problem you ran into, but it should be ok now. :)

Back
Top Bottom