has anyone flashed their 4800 series cards...?

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
I'm thinking of flashing th bios on my 4850 to bring the idle clock down from 500/750 to 160/500...

any advice...? the lower power consumption would be nice...

i can tell you right now, its going to be more of a pain in the a#$ than its worth. ive never tried it myself, but ive heard too many horror stories. your best bet is to download atitool and downclock the graphics card when your in 2d.

why are you concerned about power consumption? jw

if power consumption, noise and heat can be reduced, especially considering all the complaints about the temps so far, I'm all for it, with the card idling at 160/500 instead of 500/750, that damn blow dryer won't be on as much...

aticlocks.jpg

kind of off topic... but... wow, the catalyst control changed a lot with the new graphics card. I wished i went with an ATI instead of the 8800GT so i can pick up another one later to crossfire it. but oh well, whats done is done, and i am happy with the 8800GT, maybe i will get a new mobo and SLI it later.

i wouldnt flash the bios personally, i never did it either, the new ones can fix the auto fan control, but instead of worrying of breaking it the flash was unsuccessful, i went with Riva.

aftermarket hsf? do u game at all?

BTW how do u set the clocks in? once i pas the little test and click accept it doesn't do anything

k so i did that, it changes the clocks to what i set them to but only during the test, they go away before i even click accept

Back
Top Bottom