For gaming

Isn't the DeathAdder more for RTS?

For fast moving FPS, you do want higher DPI if you can handle it. The Razer Lachesis is pretty sick if you're hardcore about it - 4,000DPI, 1,000Hz polling...doesn't get better than that.
http://www.razerzone.com/p-66-razer-lachesis-gaming-mouse.aspx

Also - no hardcore gamer uses a wireless mouse.

Deatadder is by all means not a "more RTS" mouse. Lots and lots of CS players use it. I'm talking about top teams who get paid to play the game.

You are a 100% correct here! "no hardcore gamer uses a wireless mouse"

Like I sad in the beginning DPI is overrated. If you set your mouse to 4,000DPI you won't be able to play because one small mouse movement will give you a 360 degrees turn lol. I have "1800dpi Razer Precisionâ„¢ 3G infrared sensor" in Deathadder and I use about 800 DPI and 1.3 sensitivity in game (very very small) Ideally the way I know that my mouse sensitivity in game is good is when I can do a 180 degrees turn, no more no less :) for me 2 much sensitivity is hard to make "headshots" but you do need that speed to make quick turns if someone is shooting u from behind. I guess its all personal preference.

Cheers

I had a Deathadder for a little while, I didn't really like it.

DPI is not totally overrated. If you are a low sensitivity player, the high DPI mice are great. Higher DPI mice are able to track more accurately when your swiping the mouse across the table compared to low DPI mice.

I have the 2000 DPI Habu, and I find that doing 360s, say in the vehicles in UT3 is difficult and requires me to life the mouse of the surface. But I normally just use 1600 DPI and a 1000Hz poll rate.

It's just for certain situations that you need it to be faster.

I think I run my G9 at about 2800 or 3000 DPI. That doesn't mean it's insanely touchy, I have my sensitivity and acceleration setup to the way I like it.

I keep my Copperhead at the max 2,000 DPI. It's so much better for being productive, you can do everything a lot quicker once you get used to it.

The only thing about the G5 I don't like is the spring in the right click spring. Maybe it's just they way my friend's G5 is, but it's really light.

never really noticed. i love the feel of the buttons on my G5, i have the laser version though, not the regular optical. might be a bit different, idk.

Back
Top Bottom