building new computer

$400 with outa video card and crapy harddrive
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane 2.5GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor
This processor is a dual core 65nm part that that provides superiour performance to a similarly priced Intel part straight out of the box. If you're not an overclocker and you're on a budget, AMD is the way to go.

Motherboard: Foxconn A7GM-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
This is AMD's newly released 780G chipset. It integrates the HD 3200 graphics chip which is the most powerful integrated graphics processor by far which is more than capable of Blu-Ray/HD playback and will help out your CPU a lot during encoding. But that is not the best bit, the HD 3200 is already good enough to do some casual gaming, but it can also be paired using hybrid Crossfire with a HD 3000 series graphics card for almost double the performance. And Foxconn are a reliable brand you can rely on.

Memory: WINTEC AMPX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
This is where we can save some money by going for some memory that is perfectly adequete for this build but is not designed for overclocking. DDR2 is at a very low price at the moment so we can afford PC2 6400 RAM. 2x1GB is the sweet spot right now.

PSU: Antec earthwatts EA430 430W ATX12V v2.0 Power Supply
The PSU is an extremely important part of any computer and should not be ignored or skimped on even when you're on a budget. This power supply will provide sufficient power and there is enough headroom left for upgrading., all at a great price.

Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 330 RC-330-KKN1-GP Black SECC ATX Mid Tower
This is a case I will often recommend as a cheap but cheerful chassis. It comes with a 120mm exhaust fan but can also accomodate a 120mm intake fan for better airflow and cooling.

HDD: Here the choice is dependant on the user's requirements. If you're not sure where to start. Here are some requirements:
-SATA 3.0GB/s interface. This is the new interface standard and is a lot faster than the older PATA/IDE connection.
-Brand, I recommend either Western Digital, Samsung, or Seagate hard drives.
-Cache, even with a low capacity hard drive, I would recommend at least an 8MB cache.
As for the space, that is entirely dependant on the user's requirements.
Here is just one small suggestion: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148261

Disk Drive: SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R
You can't really go wrong here but the LITE-ON drives are known to be reliable. SATA means nice, neat cables.

TOTAL: $362
Rebates included: $322
Just swap the CPU for a 5400+ BE

Quoting myself FTL!

Honestly, I live in Canada and tigerdirect.ca has horrible prices. You're better off buying from NCIX, tddirect, or directcanada as they are a division of NXSource Technology Inc. NCIX has the higher prices out of the 3, probably because it's the most well known(=more people, = more money.) and tddirect seems to be the cheapest(less known). Although you can buy from NCIX and price match to the other sites.

Thanks TDdirect is pretty good...

but i have a question. these are about the same price id like to no which one would be better for gaming

- AMD Phenom 8450 Triple Core Processor Socket AM2+ 2.1GHZ 3.5MB Cache 95W

- AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Socket AM2 2.8GHZ 2X1MB L2 Cache 89W 90NMAMD

- DUAL CORE/GAMING AMD PHENOM 8450 95 AM2+ 3.5MB 2100

- AMD DUAL CORE/GAMING AMD ATHLON 64 X2 6000+ SOCET AM2 CACHE 1MBX2

- AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual Core Processor Socket AM2 Windsor 3.0GHZ 2000FSB 2X1MB 90NM

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom