Motherboard upgrade

i think im running 800x600 will have to check once i get back to the room. i have windows vista and on the front of it it says its 64 bit(the tower that is) but when i go to my system info it says only 34 bit. maybe im looking at it wrong. http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1009371/1009371sp3.shtml.
that is a link to my system specs but it has 2 gigs of ram and the 7300 gt 256mb card for upgrades. I should have just bought a gaming comp but i figure since i have this one the best way would to be either upgrade the game card again or do that and put in another motherboard. im pretty much a noob when it comes to these 2 components so plz keep posting replies and thanks for taking the time to do so.

^
That has nothing to do with it. You can use 512MB of ram and still run 64-bit.

spongernnc said:
i think im running 800x600 will have to check once i get back to the room. i have windows vista and on the front of it it says its 64 bit(the tower that is) but when i go to my system info it says only 34 bit. maybe im looking at it wrong. http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/10...09371sp3.shtml.
The processor is capable of supporting 64-bit. That is what you saw as 64-bit.

Unless you installed your own operating system on your computer, then I am sure you have a 32-bit operating system. Computer manufacturers hardly ever send a 64-bit OS with their computers.

Unfortunately, even with the processor supporting 64-bit, if gateway does not offer x64 (64-bit) drivers then you wont be able to get very far.

nah, im runnin at 1024 x 768, and im getting about 20 FPS on a 8600GT 1Gb, im happy

all of this is on High

thats some pretty bad fps, no offense.
i cant play a game if it goes below 30 fps mainly because i like to do stuff which does a lot of detail, i.e start spamming with rocket launchers in FPS games, because i dont want to lag when i am having fun or when something epic happens.
But the again, you are getting more fps than i am when i run on high, but then again, i am going at a higher res. and my CPU is not as good as yours.

im wondering if an 8600gt or an 8800gt card will fit. im assuming it will since the 7300 did but hopefully im not getting that wrong.

Back
Top Bottom