DVD rom drive will not show in MY PC

Drexler

Baseband Member
hi, been a long time for a post here.

i have a LG 20x DVD-R/RW + a CD-R/RW dual Layer.

when i installled XP onto the PC, everything when fine, i stuck in the cd, booted, installed.

now when i try to install Ages of Empires 3 from CD. i dont see it on the MY Computer page.

all i see is my HDD and Removeable disks (E - I)

last night i saw on the left hand side, edject disk.

i dont see that now.

can anyone help me,

*edit* I went and looked at the Divcies (pardon my spelling) and it shows my CD rom drive installed. so im going WTH

so about posting this in another thread, but no one was looking at, more eye catching title

Check the cables? Make sure everything is plugged in.

If you have your mobo posted, I imagine your computer is custom built? Or is it a factory build?

I had an eMachines way back when that every so often I'd loose all ability to detect certain drives. Oddly enough when I reformatted it would resolve, but some months later the same issue came back.

I imagine something was corrupt and I ended up gutting the PoS :p

its a custom factory build. i bought my PC off cyber power,

im having soo much trouble with their customer support and pc, that if Tec support doesnt call me back, this pc is going back to CA

i checked the cables, it was working fine when i installed my OS (XP)

the drive doesnt even show up in the istalled drivers, and i wont detect it in the scan.

i want my 600 bucks back.

im going to build a new PC

go into the bios and see if it even recognizes it. if not, take out the drive and set it as CS or cable select. only do that if its a single drive though. if you have two let me know.

i cant even see my Cd drive in the divices pane.

i contacted CyberpowerPC, they're sending out my replacement Cd drive and the ram they owe me, if this doesnt fix it ill return it and build my own PC.

thx, and celegorm, i didnt see the upper registry and lower, so i cant delete anything

Back
Top Bottom