Gallery: Your Workstation

^
In the future, I would suggest removing the pics so that your post isn't so big from the pics. I tend to usually remove the pic and put:

**Picture removed for quote purposes**

Then, your post is much smaller and more manageable :)

Well I ask that partly because, if you noticed, my window is also right behind my monitor. Usually it doesn't bother me, but sometimes in the morning the light will be shining at just the right angle to be super bring and annoying.

yup i totally know what you mean. Luckly for me my windows faces the north so i don't get direct light, but on those nice sunny days, the light does get irritating.

With CRTs i've found that 85hz is absolutely necessary. 60hz BURNS THE EYES.

60hz on an LCD is fine since it doesn't strain the eyes.

With my CRT, I could leave Vsync off and I'd barely notice the tearing, so I didn't mind. On this LCD, the tearing is so bad. But I can't turn on vsync.. if I do, I get delayed mouse movement. Kinda ruins shooters.

My old 19" CRT was nice, the colors (dark colors I mean) were so much better than what this LCD can do.. I guess thats the nature of the beast.. friggen back light.

Another thing I loved about CRTs was being able to run a game at 1024x768 with no problems.. on a LCD thats gonna look terrible.. though I've found my LCD scales to those lower resolutions pretty well.

^
Well yea, if you have a video card that isn't beefy enough to handle vsync or high resolutions, then a CRT isn't a bad option. In your case, I would think you would be fine running at an LCD's native res.

lol, and yes 60Hz on a CRT will BURN YOUR EYES :eek:

Yeah most games run perfectly fine at 1680x1050.

Playing quake 4, thief, thief II... games in general with a lot of dark to them.. just terrible on this lcd..

IMAG0027.jpg

A little messy, but all mine!:D

Back
Top Bottom