my 4850 review...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
wow, I am now 4850fied...

let me begin by saying that I am very lazy and wanted to get up and running quickly, so I didn't uninstall my NV drivers...

first, I physically installed the card, I had to move one of my hard drives so that it would fit, but this was no big deal because I have a big case (Aerocool Extremengine 3T), I booted up to a ginormous freaking screen, (800x600?), I then installed the 4850 drivers that I had downloaded from the internet and put in my set up folder on one of my storage drives...

I did the fan fix in my profiles (I created two, one runs the fan at 50% which is amazingly inaudible, to the point where I kept putting my ear to my case to see if it was even on and the other runs the fan at 75%, loud as a hair dryer)...

I activated ATI overdrive and tried auto tune, my gpu clock is now 690mhz (625 stock) and my memory clock is 1100mhz (750 stock), I tried to register my 4850 (you know, the actual card that they sent me) and had to register it as an "other product" in the Radeon line of cards because it only listed up to the 3870...

anyway, my 2GBs OCZ is also chugging along, and the hair dryer has my 4850 running at a reasonably cool 42°, it gets up to about 50° when the fans are at 50%...

conclusion...? this is a very easy install, a great card and yes...

I have a boner...

indeed, I'm thoroughly disgusted with myself, and yet...

it won't go away...

Imagine what happened when I received my 4870s in the mail....

I love my 4870s to death, did the fan fix as well, 50% is audible, but not too loud, and they run @ 43C on idle, and about 55C on load, so that's fine.

I am not as impressed by my dual 4870's at the moment..

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong ;p

Imagine what happened when I received my 4870s in the mail....

I love my 4870s to death, did the fan fix as well, 50% is audible, but not too loud, and they run @ 43C on idle, and about 55C on load, so that's fine.

believe me, if I had the extra $140 I would've bought the 4870, but truthfully the 4850 is probably overkill for me, I got it mostly for video, but now that I have it I may try to start playing some more games...

and no, I don't really have a boner, I was just joking...

haha. rather funny review man, i should have a boner sometime this week when i recieve my 4870. sucks that ill get it at work, but at least ill brag to the co-workers about it :D

You need to do that.

What drivers do you have installed?

meh, I'll wait until it gives me problems, it's running fine right now...

the stock speeds are pretty tame, 625gpu clock and 750 memory clock, it's at 690 gpu and 1100 memory now...

Back
Top Bottom