Where do you work? Or Uni? Or College

I'm technically unemployed as I don't have a steady pay check, I work alot though...it's mostly odd jobs or seasonal stuff however. Some of the odd jobs I've done include working as a audio/visual technician, working in a saw mill, building homes and barns, mechanic, field hand, plowman, assistant forester, moonshiner/bootlegger (I never sold the stuff, so I didn't cheat the IRS, others sold it though but I'm out of that kind of work now:p) I've also worked alot as a prescribed burn technician.

Some of the more permanent work I do is work on my family's cattle farm year round, it's hard work and really doesn't pay much but it's enjoyable, peaceful work:p I also help out on neighboring farms when they need help. I also work as a volunteer firefighter in my community and I'm a poll worker when elections roll around.

I'm hoping to start college this fall but there are some difficulties so I may have to start in the spring, but I'm trying to find a more full time job as I'm saving up for a pickup truck:D

I've finished my first year of college, my second year starts in September. At the minute I'm a kitchen porter in a busy pub.

I work in IT support.

Working for an IT support company, the company is essentially an outsourced IT provider, so we provide support when people decide having internal IT sitting about all day is too expensive. and buy in an outside company to provide support...

it's nice/interesting/varied work.

@antdemo, only £125 a week, are you part time or something, that seems like a very low amount!

no, its apprentice wage, and i do the full mon-fri 8 hours a day.

I get one bonus a month of 75pound because I do one vat for a shop a month which earns me half the wage that the bill is which is 75pound and the bill is 150pound but my boss gets the rest because he checks it after me+ its his client so lol

I work in IT support.

Working for an IT support company, the company is essentially an outsourced IT provider, so we provide support when people decide having internal IT sitting about all day is too expensive. and buy in an outside company to provide support...

it's nice/interesting/varied work.
It sounds like it's not bad working there, but I would never want to outsource an internal IT department. For instance, there was a threat to the IT department I was working for in the school division of being torn down for outsourcing. We stood our ground and many people said they would much rather have us because of the customer service.

When you outsource, you usually loose most of your customer service. Rather it is in the people themselves are not people friendly, or that they do not see and/or talk to the customers the same way an internal dept. would.

To me, customer service is the #1 priority in any business with a great deal of customer/business interaction.

Back
Top Bottom