Where do you work? Or Uni? Or College

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
So guys, Just wanted to know what is it you do? Or what have you done?

My previous in life enrolment was, at the age of 16 I went to Bispham college and I was learning ICT Business, since I didn't pass , I got 5marks off passing but I still got a distinction which I was pleased about.

Then after 1 year at college and re enrolled to try and pass it again, but I ditched college 3months after, then I started working at a shopping stall called Morrison's, after working their for 7 months I went to work as an apprentice in welding but I gave that up because its not my kind of work, so I started working /learning as a trainee accountant, not good at it at the moment but I've been doing it since February and I have learnt how to do 2 things in accountancy and that's book keeping which is really easy, just frustrating and also I am kinda nearly done with doing VAT, which is again easy, not hard, anyone can do it.

But I'm only on £125 a week.

Wonder where I'll be in five years time...

So what about yourself?

well, I dont work right now, just got done with high school this year, planning on becoming a cop with-in the next year or 2 (i wanna take a break + get huge muscle wise [not that im small right now lol]) when i was 17 i started working at mervyn's (july last year) then i quit the beginning of this year due to not enough hours(4 hours every 2 weeks wt heck?) (BOOOOO!) and here i am now, up at 5am barely boutta go to sleep! haha

lol just like i was when i left school b4 college lol, sleep threw the day, game at night lol, those where the good days.
k with that
good job man if you get it, your doing the right thing by building yourself up.

goodluck with that

Well, I go to "high scool", And have a bit of a job updating this blokes website. I also have a few local people that rely on my to fix their PC's, which is OK :)

Well, the summer after 10th grade year, I got my first job working as a civilian intern in the US Coast Guard. I helped the IT department with computer related work. Sadly, they didn't give me much work to do, so I got bored easily. That job ended September 1st because it was only a temporary position, they did not offer the position past that date.

So, I started working a few months later (December) with my local school division as a computer support intern. I would go out to the schools and support teacher and student PCs. I did that for a year and a half. Nearing the end of high school, I was offered a summer time job with a contractor in the Newport News Shipyard. I was still working for the school division, but this offered almost double pay.

With that said, I resigned from the school division the day before graduation, and moved on to the job in the shipyard (which is where I am currently.) I am a Project Assistant Manager, working with drafting and technical drawings using AutoCAD. It isn't nearly as fun to me, but it is helping me get money saved up for college.

Which brings me to my final point. I am moving to college August 29th. I am majoring in Computer Science, with concentrations on Networking and Software Engineering. :D

That is my story.

I graduated with a double major in Computer Science and Mathematics a little over a year ago. I'm currently working as a GIS/Systems Software Developer as well as being a network administrator for a small company here in MN waiting for my fiancee to get done with school. When that's done we'll probably be moving to a larger area so she can find work and such.

I'm currently working as a GIS/Systems Software Developer
You wouldn't be able to tell me why customer service for GIS sucks could you? I work in the shipyard as I mentioned above, and we are trying to move shapes with database links and other information from AutoCAD to arcGIS. The company told us there are no problems at all when moving information to the program. When we found this, we asked them to tell us what is going on, and show us how to do it since apparently it can, and they have not responded. Sounds fishy to me :eek:

By the way, I am not expecting you to be able to do anything about it, nor am I venting on you, I just want to know if you had some sort of inside look :)

Being your talking about ArcGIS I assume you are talking about ESRI. If you have run into issues with their customer service it doesn't surprise me since we are somewhat of a partner with them and they blow us off half the time (at least redmond does, we can usually get some answers from people we know in there office in the twin cities). I'm not up much with converting being a developer, most of my work is with ArcGIS Server, but I know we have done a lot of converting from AutoCAD to ArcGIS.
If you pm me the error and how your storing the data(shapefiles, geodatabase, SDE) I might be able to ask one of our technicians and see what they say.

I work for the Department of National Defense in the Army doing a technical related job, but can't disclose job role or details on something that is as public as this.

I'm going to school in September for network engineering and security analyst.

Being your talking about ArcGIS I assume you are talking about ESRI. If you have run into issues with their customer service it doesn't surprise me since we are somewhat of a partner with them and they blow us off half the time (at least redmond does, we can usually get some answers from people we know in there office in the twin cities). I'm not up much with converting being a developer, most of my work is with ArcGIS Server, but I know we have done a lot of converting from AutoCAD to ArcGIS.
If you pm me the error and how your storing the data(shapefiles, geodatabase, SDE) I might be able to ask one of our technicians and see what they say.
Alright well that is pretty cool. The guy who is having the issue is on vacation at the moment, but when he gets back i'll have him write me up the issue more specifically and I'll get it to you. :)

I work for the Department of National Defense doing a technical related job, but can't disclose job role or details on something that is as public as this.

I'm going to school in September for network engineering and security analyst.
...Canadian defenses....i didn't know such a thing existed...lol

j/k :p

Back
Top Bottom