Need advice with job interview tomorrow

T-MAN I'm not being funny but that would actually get you a job, I mean who wants to stay in debt with their bank? no one, So the person who is giving the jobs out would know that someone would work because he needs to pay things of, that I would agree is a strong point and I've been told that myself.

I'm in debt myself and that's what I'm going to say when I look for a part time job at nights, such as after my work here (where i work 9:30-5:00 mon-fri) and then go back to my other job 6-10, not like I'm working their now but I'm sure I'm good enough to be employed because I've done the job before and also I live round the corner and I'm in debt.

People who are in debt are willing to work no matter what!

T-MAN;827820]hahaha, NO, dont do that. Just be polite, honest, sell yourself, listen to the questions and think before answering.

No, everyone does that, you need to impress someone and make him inspire you.

I dont think telling a poentioal employer you are in debt is going to improve your chances of getting the job in fact it may even decrease them as being in debt speaks of bad financial management on your part and who would want to employ someone who cant manage their own finances

hahaha, NO, dont do that. Just be polite, honest, sell yourself, listen to the questions and think before answering.

Its his SECOND interview fool, he has already made a good first impression.
And it wasnt Antdemo who said it , it was Getingited114 you fool.
Thats why you are not wanted here george, your posts are CRAP.

That wasnt bad advice at all
Just because its his second interview dosent mean it will be with the same people , and even then that person might not remember them properly from the last time especially if they carry out hundreds of interviews each week
oh no hes a fool cos he made a misttake cos we are all perfect and never make mistakes:rolleyes:
And im sorry but what makes you think he is geroge just because he is a new member , im sick of seeing new members acused of being george its runining this forum if he is in fact george dont just make accusations on the forum tell a member of staff or david or a post a thread about it

Muz, their not employing someone who can't manage their finances their looking for people who can do the job correct.

And I bet you anyone would do the job correct if their trying to pay of their debt, I know I would work harder.

T-MAN I'm not being funny but that would actually get you a job, I mean who wants to stay in debt with their bank? no one, So the person who is giving the jobs out would know that someone would work because he needs to pay things of, that I would agree is a strong point and I've been told that myself.

I'm in debt myself and that's what I'm going to say when I look for a part time job at nights, such as after my work here (where i work 9:30-5:00 mon-fri) and then go back to my other job 6-10, not like I'm working their now but I'm sure I'm good enough to be employed because I've done the job before and also I live round the corner and I'm in debt.

People who are in debt are willing to work no matter what!
I highly disagree with that. If you tell the person interviewing you want the job because your in debt would be like begging for money, and to some could give them the impression you do not know how to manage, more specifically in finances.

The best way is like some have said, be honest, be yourself, and carry yourself highly. Dress to impress, and be sure you look/are well kept (clean fingernails, combed hair (if it applies) etc.)

If they ask why you want this job, tell them something that will appeal to them, but is truthful. Do not BS them with something that sounds nice, but something truthful. I think this is a good template to work off of "I applied for this position because I feel this position offers a great deal of opportunity and improvement. I also believe I will be a valuable asset to the company."

The statement you give them really depends on how you feel about it, and what type of position it is. Do remember never to say you applied for the money! The company will be much less likely to hire someone who is just interested in their paycheck and not willing to work hard. That, and it is kind of a disrespectful/inappropriate thing to say to an employer. You may want to add that you enjoy this kind of work. :) (if you do)

Muz, their not employing someone who can't manage their finances their looking for people who can do the job correct.

And I bet you anyone would do the job correct if their trying to pay of their debt, I know I would work harder.
You know, DUDE MAN never said what position he is applying for. If this is an accounting position, saying you are in debt and need money is defiantly a bad idea. You don't have to be in debt to be a hard worker, and showing that you are very responsible and put forth strong work ethics is a much better approach.

Mooseman, I said that in morrisons, I told them I need the money but yet I still got employed.

The best way to prepare for a job interview is to research the company and market extensively so that you will be able to answer interview questions relevant to that particular work environment. Research the company website to gain an insight into their business, culture and goals. Successful candidates are the ones who have done their research!

O wait their moose, you said be honest, ok, and everyone who wants a job wants one because theirs a pay check at the end, well like you said, be honest, that's what you want.

Mooseman, I said that in morrisons, I told them I need the money but yet I still got employed.
Because it worked for your employer defiantly does not mean it works universally. It is generally a very bad idea.

The best way to prepare for a job interview is to research the company and market extensively so that you will be able to answer interview questions relevant to that particular work environment. Research the company website to gain an insight into their business, culture and goals. Successful candidates are the ones who have done their research!
This is good advice. Showing interest in the company is always a plus, showing you are in it for more than just the money.

O wait their moose, you said be honest, ok, and everyone who wants a job wants one because theirs a pay check at the end, well like you said, be honest, that's what you want.
That is right, you should be honest. I did not say to tell the interviewer "I am not in this for the money," But I said not to mention money in the interview. You can still want a paycheck without telling them that is why you want this job. All while still being 100% honest.

Thanks for all the advices guys. I'll be leaving in about 30 minutes for the interview. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Wish me luck.:D :D :D

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom