Won't display on monitor, monitor fine.

There is nothing displayed on my monitor, like it's off. I haven't done anything to my computer in over a year including any software/drivers. So i doubt it's a software problem.

Bandit

Right, you don't get what the problem is. My computer is fine APART FROM the fact that nothing appears on the monitor. Like if you switched your computer on with the monitor cable unplugged. It is not suddenly shutting off halfway through booting up it just doesn't do anything at all. Yes, my computer is working (making fan noises, with all the LED/etc on telling me this card has power) but nothing is appearing on the monitor.
I hope i've made it clear what the problem is.

Bandit

I would suggest the AGP slot is toast

That's what i was thinking, I was just hoping i didn't have to buy a new motherboard and re-wire my entire computer. Any ideas i can try before i have to spend my weekend sorting this out.

Thanks Folder

Bandit

Thanks for all your responses.

I switched my computer on and I got the standard boot-up sequence then all of a sudden the monitor didn't want to display anything even though my computer was making all the noises it should be.

Bandit

This statement led me to believe your monitor was displaying the boot sequence, my apologies for misunderstanding it.

I would agree with A True Folder though that it seems your AGP slot is toast. The only thing I can suggest which I am sure you did is to remove your card and clean the slot and the connectors on the card with some compressed air and then try it again. If it doesn't work I would say you need a new board.

There's not much else it can be to my mind, you've tried a new card, now assuming the card isn't DOA the only thing it could realistically be would be the AGP slot and there is not another easy way to verify this as you have tried a new card already.

To remove the chance the new card was DOA can you test it (and your original card) in another pc?

If they both or the new one run in a different pc then I would suggest that the AGP slot has gone and if your original card still fails to work it may be a casualty from the failed slot.

Sorry, but there's not much else I can think of to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom