Building a computer: Step 2

RedCrap

Beta member
I already posted a thread earlier this week about what peices I should get and this forum was very helpfull as I have ordered everything today. I will be receiving everything tomorrow so I will have to start putting my computer togethere, thats something I have NEVER done. So i have a few questions

1- Is there any guide to follow when your putting your computer together? I dont wanna **** my peices

2- I honestly have a 1000 newb questions so anything would be helpfull
Will I have to install BIOS? How do I install windows (vista) on a completly new computer, I know how to format a computer but thats about it. Do I need to buy any connections or will they be included with my mother board.

Im actualy scared of doing this now that I have my peices, I dont wanna link it up wrong and shortcircuit something

Anything would be appreciated

Thank you

it's pretty hard to mess up when building a computer...

pretty much everything only fits in one place, only one way around.

the best advice is to use a big table,

unpack everything in front of you (and still have a good space to work) and take a good look at it all.

take a lot of time to put it together and if you have any specific questions then just ask.

Yeah man. Be patient. And all the cables do come with the packaging. If you bought OEM then you might have to pick some up. Put the CPU, HSF, and RAM on your motherboard before putting in your motherboard. It'll make life easier. Also do cable management as you go. It'll give you more space plus you won't need to do it later.

Put your parts together one at a time, take your time, and if you have any questions in the process, ask.

Don't forget to use the stand off's/risers, these keep the m/board clear of the m/board tray and stop it shorting out.

noob mistake #1 is not to use them.

There are plenty of people here to help if you need it, just ask.

One mistake i ever made when making a computer....
BEING IMPATIENT, so keep yourself calm.
i was so anxious in building my computer since i got come new parts, my friend said he would help me since he built computer before, but i dont want to wait.
and guess what happened?
i broke a pin on the CPU, so i had to buy a new one in a week..... It pretty much cost me $150 for the 4800+, couldve got the 6000+ if i never messed up...
i would suggest following the guide, touch the PSU to remove all electrical current on you, and make sure they are all the right components and slot.
It would help i f you got somebody that built a computer before to help you.

Back
Top Bottom