ESET smart security

Celticsfan

Banned
On occasions, I receive a message of "an error occurred while downloading update files" but other times it updates just fine. Is this normal and does it happen to other users as well. Please let me know.

thx

I have not got this error message before.
Is this on windows update?

Re read the post. He said durring the AV update.

For the updates, have you specified the server or do you let it auto detect? I'm also wondering if something is going on with your internet connection durring this time.

Let's make things easy though. Check make sure you haven't specified a server (have it automatically chose). If it's set to auto, try reinstalling. ESet is very good about reinstalling.

You can go through eset's list of servers in the set up section. From time to time one will get overloaded and reject any more connections. It's rare but it does happen. I had it do it to me a few times. No big.

Re read the post. He said durring the AV update.

For the updates, have you specified the server or do you let it auto detect? I'm also wondering if something is going on with your internet connection durring this time.

Let's make things easy though. Check make sure you haven't specified a server (have it automatically chose). If it's set to auto, try reinstalling. ESet is very good about reinstalling.

I re-installed it and I do not see any option of specified server and never have. Now what do I do please? How do I find this server option you speak about? Where is it located? I also know it is not a internet connection loss because I have the icon in my system tray telling me of connectivity, the pic of the 2 computers, when it is connected or not. Hope this part makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom