damn newegg >.>

ionscorp

Baseband Member
So I ordered my shiny new computer on Sunday @ 9pm .. Even paid the extra 2-3$ for Rush Processing, and I now just get a tracker today 12:00AM midnight Tuesday morning....

Status: 07/28/2008 01:16:18 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]

so that means? I am guessing 3 days guaranteed = 3 days after it's been shipped >.>" looks like I will have to wait till Friday (was expecting it to be on Wednesday).

i wouldnt damn newegg for that. i mean think about it, how many orders go in on the weekends? nobody works on the weekends. (or at least i dont think anybody works at newegg on saturday, i could be wrong.) that means that EVERY order that goes in on the weekends PLUS the orders on monday all have to be processed monday and some packaged. thats double the workload, thats pretty fast IMO, i wouldnt complain too much.

You might still get it by Wednesday (just pray lol). That has happened to me a few times, and still got it on time.

Heh, I am just ranting.. It's a new pc, and a killer one at that ^_^ (my pc is nearly 6 years old).. An example would be either:

A) 10 year old waiting for Christmas day..
B) Cartman waiting for the Nintendo wii..

That's a prime example of why it's a bad idea ordering on weekends and then expecting things to ship first thing Monday. The orders don't get processed until Monday and then are package and shipped Tuesday at the earliest.

10 year old waiting for Christmas day..
I know the feeling.

(or at least i dont think anybody works at newegg on saturday, i could be wrong.)

I think your right. But even if they do just pull the orders, UPS and fedex only have their big semi's and aircraft out on the weekends, the actual distribution centers that take in everything like billing and the packages don't function on weekends.

on the newegg site, they say that they dont do work on saturday and sundays, so they only work mon-fri. Its pointless to get the rush unless its like on a weekday.
so far it seems right, since they only work on monday and they said they gave you the tracking number already. If you didnt pay, then they will most likely ship on a wednesday, or a tuesday if you're lucky.

I have had this happen to me several times before, except I don't do rush processing. I still usually have it out of newegg's place by Tuesday. I think they are very good about it. I will say, that I usually am bad about ordering stuff because I will order it like Friday or Saturday and go "aww....now it feels like I am waiting longer..."

Oh well, like many have said, I think they do a great job :D

It should come on Wednesday by the looks, if you order sunday they get work monday 9am and they will ship it off on the monday getting to you within 3days

Back
Top Bottom