So My Parts Arrived...

okay; after repositioning the hsf again, I'm getting 48 degrees readings in the bios on the CPU.

And I'm timing those annoying #@!#$@# beeps and its clearly intervaled at about 2.4 seconds each.

I found an interesting post when I googled E8400 temps, that 60° may even be higher than you think...

E8400 temp concerns
There is only one temp programme to use (well two) but Real Temp is the only one that works for 45nm cpus "out of the box" as you have to adjust the TjMax for Core Temp.

@ Impruv, timing isn't necessary, what you need to listen to is the beeps themselves as I posted earlier, what is the combination?? one long two short, one short two long, three long etc as in beeeeeeeeeep beep beep, or beep beeeeeeep beeeeeep or beeeeeeep beeeeeep beeeeeeep

okay, well i've had the computer on for about 14 minutes now, temperatures are 50.5 degrees for CPU; 40 degrees for the motherboard, fan going at 2220FPM.

The beeps have actually stopped now. Should I try a reboot to see if it still beeps?

And since the ATi 4850 runs pretty damn hot, could it be affecting the overall temperatures?

Edit: Since I'm not OC'ing, I should be fun right?

edit2: yea; when i restart the computer, beeps come back. I'll try my best to figure out the duration of each beep cuz i honestly think it's the same =)

still seems too hot to me, what is your air temperature? How many exhaust fans does your case have? What are the cpu temps in Real Temp?

Here's a link to your AMI bios beep codes

Bios Central

edit2: yea; when i restart the computer, beeps come back. I'll try my best to figure out the duration of each beep cuz i honestly think it's the same =)
OK, that's what we need, if there was a combo of long short you'd notice it.

Now, how many beeps before the next set start???

Did you look at the bios beep code site I linked??

i'll do this again tomorrow morning, with a fresh mind. I'll call it a night. And I'll report with the beeps hopefully knowing what they represent and figure out why it's getting so hot. My case has one side 120mm fan blowing right at the mobo (intake), and one 120mm blowing out the back(outake)

ummm... yea the beeps are definately the same length, and theres alot of them before it actually stops beeping. More than 15. I don't know what to do? My ambient room temps are 24 degrees and my processor is still going at 50 degrees

Back
Top Bottom