So My Parts Arrived...

okay, everything is built, but there's one problem, when I load it, it's detecting my CPU, Ram, and stuff but it gives me a "Chassis Intrusion, Fatal error." Does anyone know how to fix this?

congrats man! you'll love the speed of the E8400 :p

check your bios, go into standard settings and go to hault, change it to no errors or something like that. this means at post, it will not hault if there is an error, that should allow you to boot fine, however you need to watch your hardware like a hawk if you do this.

alright, it works, we just had to put the side panel on. Without it on it wouldn't let me turn on the computer. Thanks anyways.

good going mate, did you connect chasis intrusion wires from the side panel to the m/board? I left mine disconnected so it would boot with the side off.

Now, change your sig lol

:)

uh oh, another slight problem =(

Everything's fine, but there's this siren like beeping, a constant beep going every 2-3 seconds, most likely coming from the motherboard.

The manual has nothing about a interval'd beep.

I think it might be a warning temperature for CPU possibly because to me, the E8400 according to the bios is running at a whopping 60 degrees on boot which seems pretty high. Could I have screwed up the thermalpaste? It's the stock intel fan/heatsink.

Pictures are coming

Power off and check that the push pin mounts on the cpu cooler are all firmly seated, they're bitches of things some times.

When you installed the cooler did you push the pins down using a "diagonal" pattern? e.g. pins opposite each other on a diagonal as opposed to side by side

EDIT

re: the beeps

You need to count how many in the sequence and whether they are short or long, e.g. two long one short etc

uh oh, another slight problem =(

Everything's fine, but there's this siren like beeping, a constant beep going every 2-3 seconds, most likely coming from the motherboard.

The manual has nothing about a interval'd beep.

I think it might be a warning temperature for CPU possibly because to me, the E8400 according to the bios is running at a whopping 60 degrees on boot which seems pretty high. Could I have screwed up the thermalpaste? It's the stock intel fan/heatsink.

Pictures are coming

check your bios for any alarm settings that may be going off...

it is too hot, it should be around 30 degrees in your bios, check the cooler is mounted correctly

EDIT: 30 degrees is subjective, I have no idea of your ambient air temp so 30 may even be 40 if the air temp is hot there

great choice of the E8400, you'll be really pleased with it. I have it running at 40 degrees celcius on idle, so 60 is very high, and i too am using the stock heat sink and fan, i plan on upgrading to the asus triton.

Good choice of ram, the performance out of it is amazing!
nice build, can't wait to see some pics :)

Back
Top Bottom