Should I go for it?

so it seems 64bit could potentially have a bunch of problems with 32bit programs and could run slower?
Also seems to be a lack of drivers for 64bit which could make things a problem? So I wasted money on 4gb ram... boo =(
I've been running Vista 64 bit and I've had no problems. 32 bit apps simply install in the X86 folder. Just check all your printers, wireless adaptors etc all have drivers for 64 bit.

I've been running Vista 64 bit and I've had no problems. 32 bit apps simply install in the X86 folder. Just check all your printers, wireless adaptors etc all have drivers for 64 bit.

i too am running 64bit Vista, and i have had no problems at all yet. My printer works fine with it....installed in about 30 seconds LOL, all my video games installed and work amazing...and all my programs too. I don't see any problem with 64bit or Vista at all. Great OS!!

hmm, i just bought all my computer parts and I'm assembling tonight, will probably make a new thread with pics of parts pre- and after its all said and done.

But reading the mobo manual, it mentions that, if you use 4x1gb sticks then 32bit will not recognize, and I realized that maybe 2x2gb works because it allocates the 4th one for other stuff. Im just wondering since it specifically mentioned 4x1gb combination only.

Back
Top Bottom